Taxi - Swampy To Patters

Daewoo

I will be coming through Swampy late at night, and am thinking of overnighting in Pattaya rather than BKK as I would usually do.

Normally I would go to departures level to catch a BKK Meter Taxi, who has just dropped someone off, back into town. I know from experience it is hard to get a BKK meter taxi willing to go to Pattaya, and especially if you want it for a reasonable price.

My questions are;

Will a BKK meter Taxi on the departures level (or even the official rank) want a fare to Pattaya.

Will I get it on the meter?

What is a reasonable fare?

Mostly I am worried about walking up and down the appron on the departures level, with all my bags, trying to get a taxi willing to go to Pattaya that late at night (last flight from HKT - arriving about 11:30pm). Next issue is the cost. I am happy to pay 1000 baht or so… I assume I will be able to get cheaper accommodation in Pattaya, so the end spend will be the same…

Don't want buses because of the time and my desire to have a beer in my hand as soon as I can :)

Cheers,

Daewoo

Mr T Taxi I use him all the time very reliable great cars and 1000bht airport to Pattaya call day before you arrive and they are waiting for you. When you exit customs turn right usually waiting near gate 3 exit to carpark they will have a sign with your name on it. When you call to book they speak very good english mobile ph number thailand is 0812587716

Thanks for the replies...

I have only been to Patters once, out of a typical 2 trips totaling 4 weeks every year to Thailand for the last decade... looking forward to seeing if it is all it is cracked up to be...

Cheers,

Daewoo

when i came back in march after midnight touts everywhere offering taxis for 1500 baht to pattaya Merccedes Volvo good rides.

Heared two first hand reports over the weekend of the clamp down of the touts, they just can not opperate for the tight security.

One report of one tout getting litrally booted out the airport, so best to book a car to pick you up, rates for pick up start at 1000, driver waiting outside customs for you.

Edited by Basil B

Came in last Tuesday. No touts, only AOT limo people running around. The entire inner road at arrivals is full of AOT limos. No sign of meter taxi stand, did they move it back down to lower level again? You can only get to the outer road at gate 3, all others entrances are blocked.

TH