Polarising Filter

The Vulcan

I was sorting out my camera bag a few days ago and came across a pola filter which I'd forgotten I had.

Haven't used it for yonks so thought I'd give it a run

I'd forgotten how good they are for controlling reflection, glare and enhancing colours and skies.

The container (being white in the sun) was really glistening and potentially was going to be blown out but the pola saved it.

The little girls dress, again white and full sun, is well contained also.

I guess I might be using this a lot more! :)

I have a polarizer always on, circular one but, for what I remember with my old Nikon film camera, the effects where much more enhanced than with my digital slr: darker skies and more deep colours. Why?

I need a 4/5,000 baht filter? My Hoya is not enough?

I have a polarizer always on, circular one but, for what I remember with my old Nikon film camera, the effects where much more enhanced than with my digital slr: darker skies and more deep colours. Why?

I need a 4/5,000 baht filter? My Hoya is not enough?

I saw circular polarizers especially created for digital cameras (not sure if there is difference on performance) because they say that sensor are differently sensible to those kind of incident lights, but they are more expensive. Personally I use a traditional one (for film) with great performances on digital.

Edited by aeon

Just processed this one as well - stock shot

Vibrant colours and took all the glisten off the sea

I like that shot, i like the shadows of the palms on the sand and the colour of the sky.....sorry I have nothing to add about polarising filters, i think i need to buy one tho! :)