Cheap Air Fare Over The Xmas Period From The Uk

rushdentillidie

Hi all,

I am looking to travel out to thailand for the new year, and to go to my wife's sister's wedding. Due to work commitments i will not be able to fly out until the 26/12.

Has anybody got any ideas about the best airline to use, or has travelled on these dates in the past. I am willing to travel to any airport in the UK although i live in the North East. I have been looking round and the prices seem to be up to 4 times the normal price i.e £380 with emirates/etihad

I am hoping to get a flight around the £1,000 is this possible?

Thanks for you help

Regards

I live in the Newcastle upon Tyne area and the quickest and cheapest route is using KLM from Newcastle to Schipol and from there China Airlines onto Bangkok. Try either Gazelle or Courtney airsavers for some quotes - both based off Northumberland Street, Newcastle.

A point to remember is that there is an increase in air duty on 1st November so this will slightly bump up any prices. a bigger increase will take place 12 months later.

With reagrd to travelling to another airport on Boxing day - be aware that the trains will almost certainly not be running and coaches are few and far between. And then crammed solid.