Healthy Puppies In Thailand

I live in Phnom Penh but plan to be in Bangkok this week. I would like to bring home a standard poodle of either sex (not neutered) if possible... I also might be interested in buying some healthy puppies if I can't find a standard... with an eye to breeding an occasional litter of puppies with my children (no puppy mill just raise a litter with the kids and pass them on to good families as pets). Please let me know if you have any information probably best to email me at please do nto post email addresses as forum rules , u can be PERSONALLY MESSAGED in addition to posting here.

I live in Phnom Penh but plan to be in Bangkok this week. I would like to bring home a standard poodle of either sex (not neutered) if possible... I also might be interested in buying some healthy puppies if I can't find a standard... with an eye to breeding an occasional litter of puppies with my children (no puppy mill just raise a litter with the kids and pass them on to good families as pets). Please let me know if you have any information probably best to email me at please do nto post email addresses as forum rules , u can be PERSONALLY MESSAGED in addition to posting here.

Hi, i like you do breeding on a small scale, two females and one dog. I breed Siberian huskies as they fun, friendly, good temperament and very popular. I've just had a litter of 5 puppies all doing fine and very strong. Sell them for 6200 baht each and have sold two already. If your interested in breeding them and want any of the litter let me know and i'll forward you some pictures.

Hi, i like you do breeding on a small scale, two females and one dog. I breed Siberian huskies as they fun, friendly, good temperament and very popular. I've just had a litter of 5 puppies all doing fine and very strong. Sell them for 6200 baht each and have sold two already. If your interested in breeding them and want any of the litter let me know and i'll forward you some pictures.

How do the Siberians fare in this heat? I saw some at Jatajuk market and felt sorry for them panting so much. I would have to have 2 non related to breed them...Do you live in Bangkok? contact me ... I was thinking smaller breeds. Are the pups ready now?

Hi Kerry,

Standard Poodles are large dogs ( bigger than Huskies). Hard to find in Thailand. You may be talking about miniature or toy sizes?

Check petnews2005.com

Lots of breeders listed there for different breeds. Do not buy at Jatujak. be warned

Hi Kerry,

Standard Poodles are large dogs ( bigger than Huskies). Hard to find in Thailand. You may be talking about miniature or toy sizes?

Check petnews2005.com

Lots of breeders listed there for different breeds. Do not buy at Jatujak. be warned

I won't buy from Jatajuk even here in Cambodia the reputation for sick dogs that die before you can get them home is there.

Standards are big but I was considering breeding Labradoodles as I have a lab already... Can't bred a toy to a Lab they are popular in the US and have great personalities... thanks for the link!

How do the Siberians fare in this heat? I saw some at Jatajuk market and felt sorry for them panting so much. I would have to have 2 non related to breed them...Do you live in Bangkok? contact me ... I was thinking smaller breeds. Are the pups ready now?

Sorry for the slow reply, been away.

Siberian huskies dont seem to mind the heat if they were born over here, which mine were. They will be ready in 10 days. I live in Sri Thep, 50 mins north of Saraburi but can meet up in northern Bangkok if you want to buy. Have only 2 left as i have sold 3 to Farang buyers already.

With all due respect, I think dog breeding as a business model is absolutely insane. Raising a living creature and then selling it off for a price... completely immoral. Go pick a dog off the street and give it a home... don't add to the problem by putting more dogs in circulation. Has anyone seen that study in Thailand about 70% or more of Thailand's purchased dogs end up homeless or on the street in one way or another?

We are all responsible for doing right by the dogs society has left behind. So we should all be doing something... even if it means just giving a street dog some food and a bath every once in a while.

Loganberry

Edited by loganberry

spot on loganberry!!!

i cringe with every new 'bred' dog i see/hear of. from my experience i doubt it is 30% at all that the dogs will land in caring forever homes who will give them the necessary secure surroundings, attention and time, proper food and won't stop their commitment if the dog causes problems with neighbors, vet bills rise or if it comes to neutering/castration. also the dog is rarely included in changing plans of lifestyle or -situations. it is easier and more fun to get rid of it or get a new cute puppy instead!

unfortunately dogs and other pets are mostly for a reason, like a present, prestige, toy etc and the necessary commitment, specific care and effort and love it brings with it is mostly overlooked...

in my view, producing and making money out of dogs is immoral, if you see them as a life companion and not as throw-away product.

breeding of pure breeds should have strict regulations, concerning genetics, breeding conditions and amount of puppies produced per year. also the price should be set high for the 'quality' the new owners want and get.

picking/rescuing a dog from the streets is usually more rewarding than buying one from a farm, in terms of vet bills, food bills, longevity, and also most of the times more fun.

buying/searching for certain - sometimes 'exotic' - breeds, makes one wonder what people see in a dog... if they have no eye for the many dogs in need in their neighborhood or in the shelters. most breeds cannot be satisfied here, climate-wise or working-wise as there is not enough possibilities and knowledge for training and work-outs.

of course there are also many dog owners who love their dog forever and do everything for it, it would be too sad if not, but they are too few and the dogs out there too many......

HI

I my many years in Thailand i have only seen Soi dogs running wild, never seen German, Pug, bull all kind, Big Dane, puddle, Rottie, etc etc running wild, don’t know where you got the 70% from.

People have been breeding dogs for 1000 of years why stop now, ohhh what about people living in Europe where there is no Soi dogs where should they get a dog from..

sorry to disturb your nice picture, but there are more and more pure breed dogs which roam the streets and are neglected, get run over by cars, end up in shelters etc...

in most european countries there are many strays to be found and overcrowded shelters with horrible conditions and also killing-shelters. even in the european countries where you won't find many strays there are lots of shelters and organizations which care for abandoned dogs and are trying to find homes for them.

and.... in many states of the US there are killing 'shelters' which gas tens of millions of dogs each year. because there is no money spent to shelter them for a period of time, no money spent to enforce laws to control breeding. people rather buy a cheap (mostly sick) puppy from the puppymills instead of taking one from the shelter or organizations.

as long as business thrives.... :)

Hi

I see what you mean, and what do you want to do about it, still this have gone on for well many many years, dont like shelters myself, think its better to put the dog to sleep, look at the shelters here in Thailand, my God you think that is good for the dog. we will never agree on this one so better stop, last from me..