The Nation Forum

ThaiEye

For some people here at thaivisa who laugh at The Nation newspaper, check out these figures.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/oknation.net (No. 71 in Thailand) #71, The Nation

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/thaivisa.com (no. 179 in Thailand) #179, Thai Visa

That said, The Nation newspaper forums have more than twice the number of viewers than Thaivisa/forums. Check Alexa for more..

Edited by ThaiEye

That's for the sites as a whole. Did you realize the Nation forums ARE the Thaivisa forums? They are one and the same. If you click to go to the forum on the Nation it takes you here.

Check Alexa for more? When I search for both sites I see thaivisa.com getting more hits than the Nation. It's much higher in world rankings and Thai rankings. So I am not sure how you are twisting these stats.

What in the world is oknation.net? What exactly are you trying to pull here?

Alright, so you are comparing Thaivisa, an English language forum for expats, to oknation, which may or may not be owned by the Nation multimedia group (i have no idea), and the website is entirely in Thai language. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Some people here laugh at the the Nation English newspaper which you can find at nationmultimedia.com and has less hits than Thaivisa because the level of English news writing on that site is quite low. Stories often have huge errors in grammar and often even in facts. The journalism is shoddy at best on that site.

So how does showing us how a Thai language site gets more traffic than this site make that not true? It doesn't. Nice try.

Edited by Jimjim

That's for the sites as a whole. Did you realize the Nation forums ARE the Thaivisa forums? They are one and the same. If you click to go to the forum on the Nation it takes you here.

Check Alexa for more? When I search for both sites I see thaivisa.com getting more hits than the Nation. It's much higher in world rankings and Thai rankings. So I am not sure how you are twisting these stats.

Dear Sir, kindly view Alexa rankings again. Thai is oknation vs thaivisa. Nation Forums have an Alexa double viewers of 2:1. Oknation and thaivisa re not twisted in any way

Sir, I see now. It does not matter. oknation.net is a Thai language website. Nobody here knows what it is. When people talk about the Nation they are talking about the English language newspaper site at nationmultimedia.com but your research is comparing oknation.net to thaivisa.com

So, you are off track. Who cares? When people here make fun of the Nation they are making fun of the English language stories to be found at nationmultimedia.com, not oknation.net

Understand now?

Edited by Jimjim

Dear Sir, kindly view Alexa rankings again. Thai is oknation vs thaivisa. Nation Forums have an Alexa double viewers of 2:1. Oknation and thaivisa re not twisted in any way

OKnation is a Thai language website. It is not the website of The Nation newspaper which is at www.nationmultimedia.com. You are not comparing The Nation to Thaivisa.

OKnation is a Thai language website. It is not the website of The Nation newspaper which is at www.nationmultimedia.com. You are not comparing The Nation to Thaivisa.

What a duff comment! Of course, www.oknation.net is part of The Nation, it is all part of Nationmultimedia. Go on to their main page and see.

^ So the poularity of the National Inquirer in US would lead you to suppose that their reports are newsworthy?

:):D:D Where is the hand-clap ikon?

What does it really matter WHO gets the most hits? Only the owners of the site should care and thaivisa certainly gets enough action to not worry too much about competition.

who cares anyway... :)

Absolutely my sentiments entirely ,

I suppose the only folks who care for such data are the advertising liars and those blighted people who spend their lives as their underlings.

I fear those who debate such stuff are undersexed or at at my age need a who need a wholesome passtime like cat hearding or pretending to play a chinese violin