Re-installing An Air-conditioner

nokia

dear CM folks,

I am thinking of shifting the air-conditioner from the floor of the balcony to a higher place on the balcony, and the staff at my apartment quoted me 2K baht for the job.

Is the price rather high and can anyone recommend a reliable air-conditioner technician?

Thanks in advance.

dear CM folks,

I am thinking of shifting the air-conditioner from the floor of the balcony to a higher place on the balcony, and the staff at my apartment quoted me 2K baht for the job.

Is the price rather high and can anyone recommend a reliable air-conditioner technician?

Thanks in advance.

Gee try an get that done in the states for 61USD that won't cover the tax let alone the wage.

dear CM folks,

Not really high when you consider that they will have to supply brackets (unit is on the floor) new copper tubing along with a new charge of gas. I had two units moved some time ago, and I paid 5000 baht for the two. That included making and fitting new brackets and all the other work. If you are not happy with their price....shop around :)

dear CM folks,

Not really high when you consider that they will have to supply brackets (unit is on the floor) new copper tubing along with a new charge of gas. I had two units moved some time ago, and I paid 5000 baht for the two. That included making and fitting new brackets and all the other work. If you are not happy with their price....shop around :)

I had two blokes came to my place in Muang area and removed everything and brought it to Hang Dong and re-installed it using a lot of new piping , brackets etc etc and it took two of them all day. Total cost 2.5k which I thought was fair.

I hope that the air con technician will not charge more than 2K for the job including the materials.

Quick thought: I saw technicians drill a hole into the wall, put the bolt through the bracket holes, screw on the lead "insert", and then HAMMER it into the hole. So much faster and easier than putting the insert in the hole and the laborously screwing in the bolt. If you have any concern about the stability of the brackets with the compressor on it, you might look out for that.

We most I guess are retired in Thailand and not swimm in wealth? We get advantage of comfortable and cheap live in Thailand?

Myself too I live on a modest income from retire but make it sense we open forums to safe few bath??? Isn't it Thai citizens want survive too??? why screw them for few bath? Of course I agree if they want fake or deceive as because we are Farangs, but each manpower shall have his human income???

I think if we discuss of +/- few bath of economy we can make in front of honest Thai, the quality of ThaiVisa suffer.

:) sorry for my personal feelings

dear CM folks,

Thanks in advance.

We most I guess are retired in Thailand and not swimm in wealth? We get advantage of comfortable and cheap live in Thailand?

Myself too I live on a modest income from retire but make it sense we open forums to safe few bath??? Isn't it Thai citizens want survive too??? why screw them for few bath? Of course I agree if they want fake or deceive as because we are Farangs, but each manpower shall have his human income???

I think if we discuss of +/- few bath of economy we can make in front of honest Thai, the quality of ThaiVisa suffer.

dear CM folks,

Thanks in advance.

I assume you don't have a retirement visa?

dear CM folks,

Thanks in advance.

:D:D:D what it have to do with any visa? I have since 4 years ...... I mean we shall hold back to take profit on a human way .....!!! that's it ...... beside we talk about fee for air-conditionner, visa wasn't in question. But I know by certain reason some Farang live with less then Thai only to satisfy some needs under the navel. :D with this I close

Huh? Your English is very difficult to understand. Who said anything about "screw them"?? He paid 3600 Baht for the job which isn't screwing anyone.

First nobody is perfect. Second may people have right here without the mother language is English or American? I am glad to speak 4 languages beside English and ..... we are again far from the question of "Nokia" = am thinking of shifting the air-conditioner from the floor of the balcony to a higher place on the balcony, and the staff at my apartment quoted me 2K baht for the job.

Hold on please

dear CM folks,

Thanks in advance.

:D:D:D what it have to do with any visa? I have since 4 years ...... I mean we shall hold back to take profit on a human way .....!!! that's it ...... beside we talk about fee for air-conditionner, visa wasn't in question. But I know by certain reason some Farang live with less then Thai only to satisfy some needs under the navel. :D with this I close

Oh very simple... if you have a retirement visa you need at least 800.000 baht per year for the visa, so you cannot say that you need to live cheap :D You can live comfortable and something more...also Thai want to live...yes.. so they also need money :D Less than you to have a comfortable life but enough to have one.

Greetings

JMM

Huh? Your English is very difficult to understand. Who said anything about "screw them"?? He paid 3600 Baht for the job which isn't screwing anyone.

First nobody is perfect. Second may people have right here without the mother language is English or American? I am glad to speak 4 languages beside English and ..... we are again far from the question of "Nokia" = am thinking of shifting the air-conditioner from the floor of the balcony to a higher place on the balcony, and the staff at my apartment quoted me 2K baht for the job.

Hold on please

I congratulate you on the fact that you can speak so many languages but hope that you can speak the other four better than you can speak English!