Jack Russel Puppies For Sale!

oakweb

I was looking at some Jack's for sale in the UK, the breed really has a quite varied look.

That's what happens when you cross-breed.

yes I think we all pretty much have heard of cross-breeding, but thank you for your effort of enlightenment

Here's one that's a relatively new term, "Designer Dogs" .. it has some controversy behind it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designer_dog

I was looking at some Jack's for sale in the UK, the breed really has a quite varied look.

yes I think we all pretty much have heard of cross-breeding, but thank you for your effort of enlightenment

The reason i stated the obvious was because your comment about the breed having a varied look suggested you were unaware. The breed doesn't have much variation in look, but cross-bred Jack Russell pups do.

The reason i stated the obvious was because your comment about the breed having a varied look suggested you were unaware. The breed doesn't have much variation in look, but cross-bred Jack Russell pups do.

I believe the breed does have a varied look, here are a few examples. But anyways, thanks for sharing your opinion.

Irish type Jack Russell - looks like mother

Jack_Russell_Sophie.jpg

English JRT

JRTenglishGemmaOfCaldbeck.jpg

Champion Elk Creek Gaffer

UKCbreedRussellTerrier.jpg

Belgium Import registered with FCI as Jack Russell Terrier

JackBelgiumImportregisteredwithFCI1.jpg

Some interesting information taken from wiki:

The Jack Russell Terrier is a small, principally white-bodied, smooth- or rough-coated terrier that has its origins in fox hunting. The name "Jack Russell" has been used over the years to describe a wide array of small white terriers, but now after a drawn-out legal battle, the JRTCA (Jack Russell Terrier Club of America) and its affiliates have won the exclusive rights to use the name Jack Russell Terrier to describe their particular variant of the dog, in the US. Commonly confused with the Parson Russell Terrier -- the AKC and affiliate variant -- and the Russell Terrier (a shorter legged, stockier variety), the working Jack Russell Terrier is a unique terrier which has been preserved in working ability as well as appearance much as it existed over 200 years ago.

Edited by rixalex

The Jack Russell Terrier is a small, principally white-bodied, smooth- or rough-coated terrier that has its origins in fox hunting. The name "Jack Russell" has been used over the years to describe a wide array of small white terriers, but now after a drawn-out legal battle, the JRTCA (Jack Russell Terrier Club of America) and its affiliates have won the exclusive rights to use the name Jack Russell Terrier to describe their particular variant of the dog, in the US. Commonly confused with the Parson Russell Terrier -- the AKC and affiliate variant -- and the Russell Terrier (a shorter legged, stockier variety), the working Jack Russell Terrier is a unique terrier which has been preserved in working ability as well as appearance much as it existed over 200 years ago.

Call them Parson Russel or Jack Russels, whatever you like. Both of these still don't have a consistent look about them compared to other breeds.

Some "Parson Russles"

800px-Parson_Russell_Terrier_Chevy02.JPG

akc_parsonrussell_bloom_xl.jpg

t_40612031_1.jpg

jack_russ.JPG

a_P_Woopee_P4073746.jpg

CAXSGF9P.jpg

Jack Russell Terrier is a unique terrier which has been preserved in working ability as well as appearance much as it existed over 200 years ago.

Call them Parson Russel or Jack Russels, whatever you like. Both of these still don't have a consistent look about them compared to other breeds.

Thanks for your feedback and the lovely pictures.

I think the bottom line is pretty much all of us dog lovers have the image of a very distinct looking dog when we hear the name Jack Russell. The father of your pups is that image. The mother isn't.

If you want to argue that technically speaking she is a Jack Russell then fine, but unless you have documentation to prove that, it remains just your opinion. As it is just my opinion that she isn't a thoroughbred. Nothing wrong with that by the way. I'm sure she's a lovely dog and her pups will make great pets.

"I think the bottom line is pretty much all of us dog lovers have the image of a very distinct looking dog when we hear the name Jack Russell. The father of your pups is that image. The mother isn't."

ok great well this is all cleared up, thank you for enlightening me on everyone's opinion. I do believe I'll let this rest as I have no desire to get up to 2700 posts

ok great well this is all cleared up, thank you for enlightening me on everyone's opinion. I do believe I'll let this rest as I have no desire to get up to 2700 posts

Glad to be of help. :D

See you again next time you have something to flog i guess. :)

I think the bottom line is pretty much all of us dog lovers have the image of a very distinct looking dog when we hear the name Jack Russell. The father of your pups is that image. The mother isn't.

If you want to argue that technically speaking she is a Jack Russell then fine, but unless you have documentation to prove that, it remains just your opinion. As it is just my opinion that she isn't a thoroughbred. Nothing wrong with that by the way. I'm sure she's a lovely dog and her pups will make great pets.

Had several JR's. The mother is a Jack Russel. In my opinion.

**Sigh** as it was not mentioned in the initial post, nor has it been addressed after being asked twice, I'll go out on a limb and say that this back yard breeder has neither papers nor champion lines to show. I hope I'm wrong.

JR's are not recognised as pedigree dogs so Id be surprised if you got any papers with them!

Is it legal to eat dogs in Thailand? If so I will have one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRNzuf7Ttc