Welcome To New Members - 2552/2009

Tywais

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gidday people

new to the board. Been to Thai 20 or more times, about to move Chantaburi way, already took the big plunge earlier this year.

Probably have some questions as I settle in, I'm going OK so far on what I know already.

I chose bluetongue becasue the more well known plump Australian lizard goanna was taken.

cheers

Hello to all forum members,

I'm really glad to have found this informative forum. I'm an Australian, retired, living most of the year up in north west Thailand. I hope to be able to contribute in the future, at the moment I'm just finding my way around.

Cheers

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2552/2009, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :)

Good Morning.

At a crossroads in my life and fancy a change.

I am self sufficient and have properties in England but fancy moving out to Thailand to play Golf

and go fishing.

I would appreciate a push in the right direction in relation to Visas etc.

Many thanks

Hi all have been reading TV for several years now and been pottering around LOS for many years, fell in love with the place, married a national :D BUT still in UK at moment :D . Happy here, but would be much happier there.

Any help for work, home and living would be especially welcome, would please the other sensible half to :) .

Regards all

Namboy1

heloo all... I am Wendy from Malaysia... been in Bangkok for a year and half now... married a Thai here... not much frens here though so I basially just stay home and when my husband is free we go shopping:P.... but i enjoy being home... i cook and bake... and give away what I bake and cook to other people to eat... they love my food which makes me happy:)

Any expat housewife here would like a fren to hang out and have coffee with by all means drop me a msg... or even just chat over internet:)

Hi, this is Annie (or Ann-Ann in Chinese) from Singapore.

My job take me to Phuket twice a month on average.

My manager introduce me to this forum to learn more about Thailand and Phuket in particular.

heloo Annie... I am Wendy from Malaysia... I now live in Bangkok coz I married a thai... so u like this country?

Hi, this is Annie (or Ann-Ann in Chinese) from Singapore.

My job take me to Phuket twice a month on average.

My manager introduce me to this forum to learn more about Thailand and Phuket in particular.

heloo Annie... I am Wendy from Malaysia... I now live in Bangkok coz I married a thai... so u like this country?

Hello Wendy, Annie won't respond to you because she has been banned from thai visa.

The reason she was banned is because Annie was in fact a man, who also had a dozen other nic names here at thai visa. We sometimes referr to people like Annie as trolls.

If you are looking to meet some other ladies, you should go off the main forum menu into the ladies forum and introduce yourself there. There are some lovely ladies in the forum, however make sure you steer clear of sbk's group, shes the dominate type and likes to whip people into shape....you will probably notice I will suffer the same fate as Annie soon, when sbk gets hold of me :) .

Goodluck :D

Hi all

I'm yorkieboy. Live and work in Phitsanulok but hoping to move to Isaan in the not too distant future. Probably quicker than I've navigated around this site (computer idiot)

planning on setting something up on the girlfriends land, as soon as I find something that pays the same, or more, than a teachers salary I'm on my way.

Also studying sciences with the Open University in the UK. starting to concentrate on the various forms of renewable energy. Have a few interesting ideas I want to try out so if you see an half crazed Yorkshireman being propelled through the sky you'll know there's been a slight miscalculation somewhere along the line.

Regards

Yorkie

Hi all

I'm yorkieboy. Live and work in Phitsanulok but hoping to move to Isaan in the not too distant future. Probably quicker than I've navigated around this site (computer idiot)

planning on setting something up on the girlfriends land, as soon as I find something that pays the same, or more, than a teachers salary I'm on my way.

Also studying sciences with the Open University in the UK. starting to concentrate on the various forms of renewable energy. Have a few interesting ideas I want to try out so if you see an half crazed Yorkshireman being propelled through the sky you'll know there's been a slight miscalculation somewhere along the line.

Regards

Yorkie

I'll keep an eye skyward just in case. Welcome to ThaiVisa.

Twilight, Gossip Girl, Brad Pitt and More Score Teen Choice Nominations

Fox's annual Teen Choice Awards announced the nominees for this summer's honors, with a mix of tween staples and adult fare in the running to win the surfboard trophies.

Twilight leads with 12 nominations, in categories including Choice Movie: Romance and Choice Movie: Drama. Stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were nominated as a pair for Choice Movie: Liplock, as well as in individual acting categories.

Gossip Girl, High School Musical 3: Senior Year and Miley Cyrus bit at Twilight's heels with ten nominations each, including nods for cast members. The Jonas Brothers, who host the awards this year, scored nine, including Choice Move: Music/Dance and Choice TV: Breakout Show. American Idol trails close behind, with seven nominations.

Joining Gossip among small-screen nominees are 90210, House, Lost, Grey's Anatomy and Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie scored nods for their roles in Benjamin Button and Changeling, respectively, while both were nominated for Choice Celebrity Activist.

Which of your favorites were nominated, and which are missing from the roster? Will you tune in?

The Teen Choice Awards airs Monday, August 10.

Twilight, Gossip Girl, Brad Pitt and More Score Teen Choice Nominations

Fox's annual Teen Choice Awards announced the nominees for this summer's honors, with a mix of tween staples and adult fare in the running to win the surfboard trophies.

Twilight leads with 12 nominations, in categories including Choice Movie: Romance and Choice Movie: Drama. Stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were nominated as a pair for Choice Movie: Liplock, as well as in individual acting categories.

Gossip Girl, High School Musical 3: Senior Year and Miley Cyrus bit at Twilight's heels with ten nominations each, including nods for cast members. The Jonas Brothers, who host the awards this year, scored nine, including Choice Move: Music/Dance and Choice TV: Breakout Show. American Idol trails close behind, with seven nominations.

Joining Gossip among small-screen nominees are 90210, House, Lost, Grey's Anatomy and Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie scored nods for their roles in Benjamin Button and Changeling, respectively, while both were nominated for Choice Celebrity Activist.

Which of your favorites were nominated, and which are missing from the roster? Will you tune in?

The Teen Choice Awards airs Monday, August 10.

SPAM.

Well, this is actually my third post on here, having been encouraged by my thai girlfriend to sign up after a month or so of general browsing.

I'm hoping to be around for quite a while to come yet, so may well end up calling upon the wisdom of the forum members for all matters thai related. See you around. :)

I've already received way too much help from people on the forum after finding it while googling for answers, but just now stumbled on the intro thread.

I'm Steven. I currently live in Las Vegas, NV, US, but should be in Chiang Mai in less than a month. A friend will be joining me within a month or so of me arriving.

I'm a bit of a nomad both in location and career terms. I'm 30 and I've lived in 5 US States (with multiple moves between two of them) and have had several mini-careers. I'm a lawyer and have a CS degree, but have managed to only use those directly for around 4 years total lol. I have yet to leave the continental US so I figured it was about time when the timing worked out.

Apparently moving to a foreign country isn't quite as simple as packing up and moving has been for me previously. So far the biggest challenges have been finding an acceptable solution for my dog (she is going to stay with a friend it turns out) and selling my truck (which I just bought this year :)) for a decent price, but there's obviously more than that.

I would love to hear from others in Chiang Mai.

steven.jpg

Edited by hookemlaw

• 2 weeks later...

Hooke

you should venture in to the chiang mai forum

just a word of opinion - I would be a bit more skeptical about putting my pic up on a public site :) not saying anything bad will happen...maybe Im just paranoid about technology :D

hello everyone, another forum thai newbie here, been reading up on stuff as you do I have a lot of questions even tho. Its a great site ive noticed and pretty funny sometimes too. Im from Britain, flying out to thailand for the first time to meet ทัศนีย์ in 11 days. i'll be there a month.

my names ian by the way Hi :)