Vhs Videos To Dvd’s

Phil_ne_uk

I have some old VHS videos that I want to put on DVD’s. I understand I need a video capture card. Does anyone please know where I can get one?

I went to tuk com in Pattaya yesterday and the shops I asked either didn’t have one or didn’t know <deleted> I was talking about, surprise surprise.

Cheers,

Phil

I have some old VHS videos that I want to put on DVD's. I understand I need a video capture card. Does anyone please know where I can get one?

I went to tuk com in Pattaya yesterday and the shops I asked either didn't have one or didn't know <deleted> I was talking about, surprise surprise.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi

You can buy a USB capture device that will connect your VCR to the computer and you can save the video as files and burn to DVD using software, they're available on E-bay and do a resonable job, or if your puter has a firewire port and you have a video camera with external recording, connect the VCR to the camera and connect the camera to the puter via firewire as a pass through and you get better quality video as the camera digitises it.

Hi Phil,

I used to have one on my old computer that I bought in Bangkok which was a Pinnacle brand video capture card, so they are available over here.

I would say that your best bet would be to Google “video capture card” and write down a model that you are interested in then try again with the model number.

It may also help if you print off a picture of it (and the packing box) to show to the shop.

I have attached a few pictures of a few capture cards from a quick Google picture search in case these may be of use to you.

Also Google “Pinnacle Dazzle” as that looks like a much better system if it is available (when I transferred my old DVDs with a normal capture card the lip Sync was completely out).

Best luck,

Tiger.

post-87166-1256980596_thumb.jpg

post-87166-1256980635_thumb.jpg