Five ! Swedish Men Swindled By Female Fraudster

churchill

I remember a very similar case about 12 years ago.

The flight from Bangkok touched down at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam/Netherlands. After all the other passengers were picked up or had found their way to the taxi rank, the busstation or the railway station, five men were still waiting for somebody who would never show up. Somehow they made contact, and found out they were waiting for the same Thai lady.

Dutch police forwarded reports to their Thai colleagues, and the operation was tracked down to a Dutch guy running a guesthouse in Bangkapi/Bangkok. Needless to say he was arrested, don't know what happened to him after that.

The flight from Bangkok touched down at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam/Netherlands. After all the other passengers were picked up or had found their way to the taxi rank, the busstation or the railway station, five men were still waiting for somebody who would never show up. Somehow they made contact, and found out they were waiting for the same Thai lady.

Dutch police forwarded reports to their Thai colleagues, and the operation was tracked down to a Dutch guy running a guesthouse in Bangkapi/Bangkok. Needless to say he was arrested, don't know what happened to him after that.

Yep - Thai bank account -Email address - photo of a beautiful young sexy Thai lady and you are in business......anybody..any nationality..anywhere.......

Yeah pretty much what I was going to suggest - its more than a possibility its someone that can speak Swedish and tells them "she" had dual nationality or something - so no visa stuff - and bob's your uncle (or fiance perhaps!). I thought it likely to be a Swedish guy/girl pretending - or the Thai wife/GF thereof.

Is there a process or requirement for visa for Thai's to visit Sweden ?

Good question!

It's all part of the scam.

In Australia I know of at least one case where the guy was cheated out of all the visa expenses, airfares and extras.

All in all he coughed up around $6,000.

Now do the sums....times that by say 10 a year!

Not a bad little earner. :)

Hehe,well sorry to hear that these guys are so gullible,and if so,they would no doubt fall for a big one sooner or later..

Im actually a little bemused by the story as i met a girl here who said she was going to sweeden and her (thai) girlfriends Swedish husband to be (who was supposedly paying 1 mill sinsod) was paying for the tickets for both of them to visit Sweeden for a month or so.He was staying at Pattaya at some stage when he met them...him over 50 and both girls around 30.

So maybe the cold weather has some adverse affects on the grey matter? :)

Is there a process or requirement for visa for Thai's to visit Sweden ?

Yes, a very long-winded one as Sweden is part of the Schengen-states.

Which means the men would have to file a lot of paperwork as sponsors etc and would have all her info at hand if anything went bonkers.

But ofcourse these men are not the brightest of the bright. Desperate, lonely, not very bright...and paying for someones expenses for atleast 3 months now...

13k SEK = ~65k baht * 5 men = 325k baht...

Hm...maybe I should start a new hobby...