Vientiane Visa Run!

Hey all,

I need to do the Visa run to Vientiane again soon and just have a few questions I could use some clarity on.

Are they still offering free double entries, or just single entries?

If I go on the bus leaving from Hualamong tomorrow evening, will I be able to get through all of the various border check points and get to the embassy before the close the visa application at noon? I guess really it depends on when the border office at Nong Kai opens, is it around 9 or so?

What are all of the scans that I need? main passport page, visa, and the third one? The current arrival/departure card stapled in to the passport??

Other then these scans, it's just two copies of my picture the form they give me and my 0 baht for the tourist visa right?

Where do people recommend staying in Vientiane? How is the place right near the embassy?

Regards

Ivantheterrible

Sorry, if my questions seem pretty basic, but if somebody would take just a minute or two to answer them it would be very much appreciated :)

hello the border o

The border in nong khai is usually open from 6 AM until 10 PM and at border you need 1 or 2 picture an yes TV (2) Double entrie still free until march 4 at thai emabassy you need 2 pictures photocopy on you passport page and for the hotel i forget the name buth just ask a tuk tuk from the border to the embassy and the guy wait for you the price 300 baht and the Lao Border open around 8 oclock so have a nice trip