100 Disabled People Break Into Government House To Demand Lottery Quota

george

Some 100 disabled people break into Government House to demand lottery quota

BANGKOK: -- Some 100 disabled people broke into the compound of the Government House Tuesday morning to demand lottery quota.

They managed to push into the compound at 10:20, prompting security officials to scramble to regroup.

The security officials pushed the protesters back outside the compound some 10 minutes later.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-11-03

You will be amazed of how strong people with wheelchairs can be!

Maybe they were blind.

When you are on guard duty, and a mob (that is what it was) comes to you, asses the situation and decide what to do. Better to draw back and regroup...

Sounds like they did a good job, its not like the cash was in there (I presume).

Some 100 disabled people break into Government House

A very energetic disabled, huh?? May we withdraw the "disabled" label??

the security there is pretty bad, lol.

Security?? WHICH security??

C'mon...Perhaps you forgot where you are, dude.. :D

Didn't like 10,000 disabled people break into government house last year? Well, they were mentally disabled, in the least, but, enabled by brainwashing and greed :)

Didn't like 10,000 disabled people break into government house last year? Well, they were mentally disabled, in the least, but, enabled by brainwashing and greed :D

Hi EPlus

Are you sure PAD broke into Government House??............................. :)

Didn't like 10,000 disabled people break into government house last year? Well, they were mentally disabled, in the least, but, enabled by brainwashing and greed :D

Hi EPlus

Well, we're still waiting on some witnesses :D

Maybe "disadvantaged". I read this story propping up the word "disabled" and I get the picture of a bunch of cripples, blind bats and retards crawling around property gates like some zombie movie. Doesn't look much different than a stroll down Walking Street! :)

Hi EPlus

to let mentally disabled people taking over the government house is a common trait of the so called advanced democracies. it is the main proof that system market economy still has a strong social streak. the mentally challenged, morons, who wouldn't get are job elsewhere in the private sector, can start a career in politics and become the muttonheads of the government. it perfectly works out in an open society if you don't give them to much power and don't let them interfere in everyones daily business. essential is also to tease them with election from time to time, otherwise they develop an attention deficit disorder and unwarranted self-importance syndrome.

Can anyone clarify, were they looking for some of them to be allowed the right to sell the lottery-tickets to earn an income, or were they wanting more lottery-money to be spent on the disabled, things like wheelchair-access ramps and so on ?

The temptation for the profits from the lottery to be regarded as a giant 'pork-barrel', to fund individual politicians' goodwill or vote-gathering hand-outs rather than genuine charitable or development-aid, must be enormous. Wonder what the audit-procedures, to prevent this, are like ? I know ... TiT. But I live in hope. :)

Edited by Ricardo

Maybe "disadvantaged". I read this story propping up the word "disabled" and I get the picture of a bunch of cripples, blind bats and retards crawling around property gates like some zombie movie. Doesn't look much different than a stroll down Walking Street! :)

Maybe look in a mirror and see a picture of a bigot. Disparaging people with disabilities in the way you have is not polite at all anywhere.

Maybe "disadvantaged". I read this story propping up the word "disabled" and I get the picture of a bunch of cripples, blind bats and retards crawling around property gates like some zombie movie. Doesn't look much different than a stroll down Walking Street! :lol:

Maybe look in a mirror and see a picture of a bigot. Disparaging people with disabilities in the way you have is not polite at all anywhere.

some kind of disabilities are hard to tell if you just look at the physical appearance of the body. but easy to detect if they start to talk or write in a forum, recognisable except for themselves. some of them travel around the globe to visit waking street.

is there are polite way at all anywhere to disparaging these people?

some kind of disabilities are hard to tell if you just look at the physical appearance of the body. but easy to detect if they start to talk or write in a forum, recognisable except for themselves. some of them travel around the globe to visit waking street.

is there are polite way at all anywhere to disparaging these people?

Nice words Rumfoord.

To all that find joy and amusement in the suffering of those less fortunate...shame you are.

I am a parent of a disabled child, here in Thailand and believe me,,,,it aint a laughing matter.

Just hope it dont happen to you or your children,,,would you joke then?

Edited by soihok