Tennis Ball Machine

majortom2

wantin to know of a place or tennis club in chiang mai where I can get use of a ball machine (for hire).

where/ how much?? thanks.

I've never seen one in Chiang Mai but maybe 700 year stadium, if anywhere.

Most people pay for a knocker - about 100 baht an hour.

If you're really good, you get get two - a good pair of knockers would maybe be 200 an hour, a real bargain.

wantin to know of a place or tennis club in chiang mai where I can get use of a ball machine (for hire).

If you're really good, you get get two - a good pair of knockers would maybe be 200 an hour, a real bargain.

I was told that a good pair of knockers would cost about 90,000 bt. :)

I was told that a good pair of knockers would cost about 90,000 bt. :)

Are you prepared to pay that much? I'd shop around if I were you. If it makes you feel more complete,though, I would say go for it.

Are you going for the 'snip and tuck' as well, or are you going to wait and see? Promise me you'll give that one plenty of thought, dearie.

Edited by KevinHunt

Do you have any tips on how to go about finding a knocker to hit with ? Where to play ?

The Gymkhana has 2 courts that are busy most evenings, but not busy in the morning. The guy that takes care of the courts (Noy) will knock-up for about 100 baht an hour. The 700yr stadium has many courts and I'm sure someone there would coach or knock-up for a similar fee. I'm not familiar wirth the set-up at other places but threr are 4 courts (I think) at Chiang Mai land. Courts also near the back of Muang Mai market (Nawarat courts). Chiang Mai university has courts open to the general public too.

The Gymkhana has 2 courts that are busy most evenings, but not busy in the morning. The guy that takes care of the courts (Noy) will knock-up for about 100 baht an hour. The 700yr stadium has many courts and I'm sure someone there would coach or knock-up for a similar fee. I'm not familiar wirth the set-up at other places but threr are 4 courts (I think) at Chiang Mai land. Courts also near the back of Muang Mai market (Nawarat courts). Chiang Mai university has courts open to the general public too.

Thanks for the info. Will check out the Gymkhana and 700 yr stadium.

Found an academy north of CM called Prem. Any idea what that place is like ?

where is rmutl tennis club???

How do you pronounce that? :)

By the way, was I hallucinating? I'm sure that last night there was a spell-checker here. Did anyone else notice?

I get coached twice a week fo a couple of hours at the 700 year stadium and pay the guy 120 baht per hour, the court is another 40 baht per hour for members and 60 baht per hour for non members.

Cheers.

Sounds great. How do I get in touch with these guys ? Should I just show up at the courts and hope theirs a hitter/coach hanging out ? Or doe ssomeone have a specific contact ?

I get coached twice a week fo a couple of hours at the 700 year stadium and pay the guy 120 baht per hour, the court is another 40 baht per hour for members and 60 baht per hour for non members.

Cheers.

Sounds great. How do I get in touch with these guys ? Should I just show up at the courts and hope theirs a hitter/coach hanging out ? Or doe ssomeone have a specific contact ?

This is the number for the 700 year tennis courts: 053112052, until about 5pm the courts are fairly quiet so turning up before then you'll be sure to get a court. If you plan on playing in the evening I'd recommend booking as it does get quite busy.

Cheers.