Paying For Credit Card

Im from Hawaii but currently living here in Thailand. I need to make payments for a credit card from my bank account here in Thailand. My bank here said they cant do it and even the post office said they cant do it. Would there be any way for me to make payments to my credit card from my Thai bank account here?

I have friends who have had a similiar problem in paying bills or just sending money to relatives in the US. For them, they found someone (a friend) who has a bank account in the states. They would give the Thai money to their friend, their friend would give them a check at the exchange rate then and then they would mail the check. I have done it myself for friends but friends I have known a long time. I have even had money transferred to me so I could pay the rent on their apartments here in Thailand. One note, the law "Check 2000" makes it a crime, a felony I believe for someone to give you a post-dated check. It also has specific rules on depositing checks. Checks clear faster in the states now than here in Thailand. No cross checks are allowed. Only from someone to you and then to the bank. No intermediaries. Finding the friend might be your main problem.

did they not explain the reason why such simple transaction can not be accomplished--sending money to a bank in hawaii....?

do u have all the digits required?

perhaps, i miss something significant here....

Thanks for the reply,

The bank said that they never heard of any kind of transaction like that... but I just read a email from the credit card company and they said they would accept transactions from a checking account in my case so I guess Ill just send them a check from here or my checking account number form here when I open one(I only had a savings account)and pay online......

thanks again for the reply though

I have friends who have had a similiar problem in paying bills or just sending money to relatives in the US. For them, they found someone (a friend) who has a bank account in the states. They would give the Thai money to their friend, their friend would give them a check at the exchange rate then and then they would mail the check. I have done it myself for friends but friends I have known a long time. I have even had money transferred to me so I could pay the rent on their apartments here in Thailand. One note, the law "Check 2000" makes it a crime, a felony I believe for someone to give you a post-dated check. It also has specific rules on depositing checks. Checks clear faster in the states now than here in Thailand. No cross checks are allowed. Only from someone to you and then to the bank. No intermediaries. Finding the friend might be your main problem.

Thanks for the reply,

I will take your advice into consideration. I just read a email from the credit card company and they said they would now accept a transaction from a checking account from here so now I have to open a checking account(I only had a savings account)and I will find out from them if I send a check through the mail or use my checking account number and pay online.

Thanks again for the reply,

if I cant get anywhere with the checking account, I will use your idea.

There may be one catch: When I tried opening a checking account at a local bank, they said checking accounts were only available to business entities. I have not looked into it since, but be prepared to be denied a checking account.

It seems to me it would be much easier to arrange credit card (and any other) payments on line through your bank in Hawaii, assuming you have an account there.