Entitlement Following Resignation

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice. I'm a Thai national and I'm considering tending my resignation to include up and until the end of this month (eg: 30 days notice from the beginning of the month). I have been working here for 3 years, come the 15th of November but have had no written contract.

What are my entitlements upon resignation - am I right in thinking that I can get my 13 days paid leave? What about sick pay?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As yours is a resignation, I believe you will only be entitled to compensation of your 13 days paid leave... certainly none for sick leave or anything else unless otherwise specified in your contract.

Cheers for confirming this.

Do i still have this entitlement even with no contract?

As yours is a resignation, I believe you will only be entitled to compensation of your 13 days paid leave... certainly none for sick leave or anything else unless otherwise specified in your contract.

If you have accrued 13 days leave and not taken same you should be entitled to be paid for the 13 days. With or without a contract.

But remember TIT (this is Thailand) :)

If you have accrued 13 days leave and not taken same you should be entitled to be paid for the 13 days. With or without a contract.

But remember TIT (this is Thailand) :)

Oh yes, I know TIT very well!! Cheers for helping.

Do you currently have social security?

If you do, you can continue using it for 6 months without paying anything.

During that 6 month period you can sign up to pay yourself. That would normally be 432฿ per month.

Regarding leave. Does your employer normally let you carry over leave balances from year to year?

If yes, they might give it to you, but don't hold your breath.

If no, I think you are out of luck from the beginning.

I suggest you talk to hyour employer and see what their position is on paying leave.

Have you considered taking some leave the rest of the month? That way at least you'd get something.