Top 10 Beers

9. Fin Du Monde (Canada, Quebec)

Does this one live up to its name, Vic? :o

Scouse.

La Fin Du Mond= End of the World

Its a fantastic beer. Same brewery as Terrible, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, Blanch de Chambly, Raftman. All fantastic beers. Around the 9% mark. Same vain as the Belguim Ales.

Delirum Tremins another great beer.

YOu guys certainly have some great taste.

Even tanglefoot, ruddles, london Pride. All great beer

Love Old Peculiar. THink I'll have to have a big session when I get back to Oz.

Marstons and Fullers are great breweries in London. All their beers are pretty cool.

I also like the Hobgoblin Ale by Wytchwood (sic) brewery.

So many memories flooding back.

Saw someone say Speights from N.Z. What about the Monteiths range. Any NZers here???

Keep 'em coming in guys.

This is a real passion of mine incase you hadn't noticed. :D Have written a few articles on beer. And once had the largest selection on premise in Oz. 168 different brews all up.

Carl

Edited by carlthailand

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw someone say Speights from N.Z. What about the Monteiths range. Any NZers here???

Keep 'em coming in guys.

This is a real passion of mine incase you hadn't noticed.  :D Have written a few articles on beer. And once had the largest selection on premise in Oz. 168 different brews all up.

Carl

Montieth's Black beer is a good one, and I've heard rave reviews of their Celtic as well. They also do a few seasonal beers every year. Kiwis have a talent for making some great dark lagers (Montieth's, Speights, Mac) if not the best in the world. :o

cv

Keep 'em coming in guys.

This is a real passion of mine incase you hadn't noticed.  :D Have written a few articles on beer. And once had the largest selection on premise in Oz. 168 different brews all up.

Carl

Montieth's Black beer is a good one, and I've heard rave reviews of their Celtic as well. They also do a few seasonal beers every year. Kiwis have a talent for making some great dark lagers (Montieth's, Speights, Mac) if not the best in the world. :o

cv

The Montieth's darks are great,as well as the Largers.Gives you a very acceptable hang-over compared to some of the more commercial beers. :D

I like Montieths, black, celtic and the pils is pretty cool. Of their seasonal beers only ever tried the summer blond. WHich from memory had honey in it. A tasty drop. Cascade from Oz also do seasonal beers.

James Squire from N.S.W. Aust does some nice boutique beers they were pretty successful a couple of years ago. Shame it died down abit.

I know Foodland Sukhumvit 7(?) has some decent beers. Need more tho.

And the Beer Haus in Pattaya brew a mean wheat beer. Wish they had lemon to go with it. NOT lime tho. Its just not the same.

Cc

9. Fin Du Monde (Canada, Quebec)

Does this one live up to its name, Vic? :o

Scouse.

Its a fantastic beer. Same brewery as Terrible, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, Blanch de Chambly, Raftman. All fantastic beers. Around the 9% mark. Same vain as the Belguim Ales.

YOu guys certainly have some great taste.

Even tanglefoot, ruddles, london Pride. All great beer

Love Old Peculiar. THink I'll have to have a big session when I get back to Oz.

Marstons and Fullers are great breweries in London. All their beers are pretty cool.

I also like the Hobgoblin Ale by Wytchwood (sic) brewery.

So many memories flooding back.

Keep 'em coming in guys.

This is a real passion of mine incase you hadn't noticed. :D Have written a few articles on beer. And once had the largest selection on premise in Oz. 168 different brews all up.

Carl

Another couple we had here...........Hobgoblin and Fiddlers Elbow

Very few British responses

Theakstone's Old Peculiar - Yorkshire

Old Speckled Hen - Oxford

What about

Smiles' Exhibition - Bristol

Marston Pedigree - Nottingham

Old Hooky - Oxford

Abbott Ale - East Anglia

London Pride - Chiswick

And any of a hundred barrels in the pubs down by Bristol town centre that just have % alcohol and name on them in chalk.

1. Foster Cold

2. Miller

3. Corona

4. Guiness

5. Brown Ale

7. Carling Cold

8. Budweiser

9. Kronenberg

10. Super Boc (Me and my mates drank this while on holiday in Portugal one year, this stuff is bastard strong, absolutely knackered the lot of us thats why it made the list)

I am only 24 so still learning, so give me 10 years and my list will change drastically!

Yes, those are nice light beers. :o

That one I mentioned, Old Viscosity (subtitle: not your Dad's wimpy 30 weight), was a barley wine I suppose at 12%, but it had a finish much like Spaten Optimator which is to say it didn't smell sickenly of molasses despite being a slower drink. You need cool weather to take something like that and enjoy it.

Yuengling Lager is my favorite. It's brewed by the oldest Brewely in USA. It's not worth the price unless it's fresh when yeast is very noticeable.

My second favorite is Old Milwaukee--They did a blind tasting of popular beers and Old Milwaukee came up on top--very nice after taste.

• 2 weeks later...

American beers:

Stoud's American pale ale

Brooklyn chocolate stout

Lord Chesterfield ale

Arrogant Bastard Ale

Harpoon ale

Flying Fish IPA

Hop Devil ale

Rarely I like a Sam Adams but only on tap on a hot day

Everywhere else:

Samuel Smith IPA (or just about any Sam Smith)

Tetley's (available here!)

Chimay white label

Murphy's stout

Carib

Lucifer

Just about any beer brewed by Belgian monks is good too.

I like beer too much to only name ten!

Things have changed!  The italians make a good beer?  I remember whilst in italy I ordered a Kronenberg.  I'll look for a Peroni and give it a shot.

Really my favourite beer and getting really popular over in UK but I don't think it's a fashion thing, it's just a really great beer.

Even though I miss a good pint of English beer ( it's been 2 1/2 yrs now ) I'm not into paying some ridiculous price for the same. A pint of Guinness at 160 baht, although it may come from Malaysia goes down quite nice. The Kilkenny tastes a bit watery. Anyway, what I want to know is where can I buy some of the English beers mentioned in this thread ( Old Peculiar, Old Speckled Hen etc etc. ) in or near Pattaya?? :o:D

Would love to have tried one of this Brewerys Beers. :D

Happy Hooker Brewery Ltd

History

Brewery installed in March 2001.

The 2½ barrel brewplant is installed in a shed at the bottom of the owners garden.

hower brewing was suspended towards the end of 2002 due to medical problems. :o

Considering a move to,in the owners words, a more rugby and real-ale friendly location.

Happy Hooker Brewery Ltd

30 St Edmunds Rd

Sleaford

NG34 7LS

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/335