Kamala Beach In Phuket?

tonititan

I posted a question a few days ago about beaches in Phuket. After researching more, it appears that I can stay closer to the beach for much cheaper in Kamala Beach, rather than Karon or Kata. But, I've heard conflicting reports online about the quality of Kamala Beach. Some reviews said that it was lovely, and others said the beach wasn't so great. Has anyone who has actually been there have an opinion? Thanks!

The old adage comes to mind "U get what u pay for" Kamala is not a great beach for swimming etc...very shallow dropoff so u have a really long walk out to the sea when the tide is out....furthermore lots more choices of night life (not just naughty bars) in Kata and Karon...have a good holiday

The beach is OK as long as you don't want to swim. I found the place charming and quiet. Probably more suited to families with young kids.

No real nightlife to mention however.

I prefer Surin beach a bit further north. Much better beach imo.

We stayed one week in Print Kamela in April. The resort was good, but the beach was very dirty (dropoff), and the community did not care to clean it. Shopping in the main street was quite a risky business, as there is no sidewalks. If you are on wheels, the wonderfull Laem Singh or Surin Beach is not far away.