Wetsuit

sleepyjohn

Hi

Myself and a friend need Shorty wetsuits.

I sourced a place in Phuket but learned elsewhere that some suits are actually ordered from a maker in CM.

Anyone know about this.

OR

Anyone know about any source in CM or BKK?

thanx v much

ps:

Even a neoprene source would be useful.

There are two factories in Chiangmai,Neil Pryde at Lamphun and Onsmooth Thai in Sarapee I have done work in both in the past and they are big operations employing hundreds of people,Onsmooth is Ripcurl Australias factory Do'nt think they sell one offs but you can try.

sleepyjohn, if you track down anything let me know.

I just priced surfsuits (full length, not shorties) in 1.5 mm back in the US a few months ago.

They wanted stupid insane money- for what used to cost $50-80 USD, they now charge around $200!

I use these back zip, reinforced knee surf suits for warm water tropical scuba diving. And almost all of them are produced in Thailand.

Give me a shout if and when you find something out.

I too would be very interested in anything you find out!

A lot of neoprene products seem to be produced over here, though most of them seem to cost more than they do abroad. However, I remember seeing quicksilver's latest super stretch neoprene off cuts being sold as welly liners at the cow market!

Cheers

Guano

There are two factories in Chiangmai,Neil Pryde at Lamphun and Onsmooth Thai in Sarapee I have done work in both in the past and they are big operations employing hundreds of people,Onsmooth is Ripcurl Australias factory Do'nt think they sell one offs but you can try.

Thanx for info.

Any idea where those two places are?

McGriffith and Guano

sure I'll let you know anything

So far came up with

http://www.hotwavephuket.com/

for mail order and getting onto a BKK shop with better prices but would prefer to try on what I buy.

Stay tuned for more

SleepyJohn

• 2 weeks later...