Wireless Linksys With Vista

JELLIS1000

I have the internet at home and have just purchased a Linksys Wireless Access Point thingy, all singing, all dancing, easy set up etc, Vists compatible (says it on the box, must be true) and having followed the cd supplied instructions i'm unable to get it working, my friend with his Apple Mac came round and got straight on my network with my password, all of which I set up, when I try it seems I get connected to the router but with no internet, i'm assuming its some security issue between my puter and the router!!

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jimmy

I have the internet at home and have just purchased a Linksys Wireless Access Point thingy, all singing, all dancing, easy set up etc, Vists compatible (says it on the box, must be true) and having followed the cd supplied instructions i'm unable to get it working, my friend with his Apple Mac came round and got straight on my network with my password, all of which I set up, when I try it seems I get connected to the router but with no internet, i'm assuming its some security issue between my puter and the router!!

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jimmy

Try downloading the drivers for that modem and install them on your PC.

Thanks for those, the internet is fine through the cable direct to the computer, I have tried turning off the firewall to no avail, I will try the website now, failing that its going in the pool!!

Seriously though, where can I take it to for someone with more computer savvy than me to try and sort out?

Thanks