Allery Prevention Covers For Mattress And Pillow

hmficc

Has anyone found a local source for real allergy prevention covers for mattresses and pillows in Chiang Mai. I am allergic to dust mites and need to buy covers for my mattress and pillow. Has anyone purchased these in Thailand? :) If not, has anyone found a good mail order supply?

Has anyone found a local source for real allergy prevention covers for mattresses and pillows in Chiang Mai. I am allergic to dust mites and need to buy covers for my mattress and pillow. Has anyone purchased these in Thailand? :D If not, has anyone found a good mail order supply?

I believe direct sunlight will destroy dust mites. (You mite ( :) ) wish to google to verify.) As sunlight's usually abundant here, how about hanging your covers outside each sunny day? Try to expose your bedroom, mattress and pillows to sunlight, too.

Avoid heavy curtains, rugs and so on.

I would suppose washing everything as frequently as possible ought to help, too.

Has anyone found a local source for real allergy prevention covers for mattresses and pillows in Chiang Mai. I am allergic to dust mites and need to buy covers for my mattress and pillow. Has anyone purchased these in Thailand? :D If not, has anyone found a good mail order supply?

I believe direct sunlight will destroy dust mites. (You mite ( :) ) wish to google to verify.) As sunlight's usually abundant here, how about hanging your covers outside each sunny day? Try to expose your bedroom, mattress and pillows to sunlight, too.

Avoid heavy curtains, rugs and so on.

I would suppose washing everything as frequently as possible ought to help, too.

P.S. Ran a quick search. Some good tips here: http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/dustmites.php#7Control plus a link to an online store.

Edited by WaiWai

Hi,

Please see our site for more info. Many Thai Visa members have bought from us and are very happy with our product.

Feature:

Made with 100% organic natural latex.

Benefit:

No chemicals or “cocktails” are added to our mattresses, meaning there are no health risks to sleeping on natural latex, as opposed to other synthetic foams that are made from petro-chemicals that might have long term health affects. Also, natural latex is hypo-allergenic, meaning it is safe even for sufferers of asthma or hayfever, who may be sensitive to dust or synthetics. Natural latex is also dust mite resistant. Due to the natural properties of latex, dust mites (which aggravate asthma) are discouraged from breeding, and it has antibacterial properties, which inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew. Also, natural latex is non-flammable and a great choice for infants and children as it will not absorb fluids.

http://www.latexinnovations.com/Latex_Inno...s/Welcome_.html

Always used to take my own or buy new ones when shifting from digs to digs, although I guess you could hardly carry that over to the mattress. Can't abide kippin on used (someone else's) pillows which is probably why I never seem to sleep well in hotels. Bunging everything in the sun for a few hours is certainly a good idea.