Just Got A Single Entry Tourist Visa In Kota Bahru

Just got a single entry 60 day tourist visa in Kota Bahru. You only need 2 photos, there are no queues, it's still free and they seem foreigner friendly. You put your application in from 9-12 Sun- Thurs and get the visa the next morning.

They only do single entry visas not multi entries. There was a notice dated 06/09/09 which said ' to repeatedly depart and re-enter Thailand via tourist visa...is considered as concealment of real purpose...their visa applications will be rejected'.

To get there take bus 4 from Jalan Bandar bus station, every 30 mins RM 1.

We're UK and Dutch nationals with 4 previous tourist visas from Penang, tourist extensions and pages of land crossings. We left Thailand in April 2009.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Just came from The consulate in Kota Bahru.

The lady didn't even look at my passport before she commented that if i had a prior tourist visa i couldn't get a new one, and after checking my passport she repeated herself and told me that all i could do was go back over the border on a normal 15 days entry.

• 9 months later...

just met a couple of people over the past week who were refused tourist visas at kb consulate......one of them has been in thailand 3 years on tourist visas, previous visa kb and visa before that KL , .....this time KB demanded to see bank statement but did not give applicant details of how much is needed in account. Applicant had no extensions on previous tourist visas in last year. Have little info on other refused applicant except that consulate demanded to see bank account.