Chiang Mai Photographic Group Exhibition

Greenside

You should have started to see the posters around town by now but just in case you've missed them we'd like to invite you to join us for a glass of wine at 4.00pm on Saturday November 14th when Pim Kemasingki, editor of City Life, will open the Chiang Mai Photographic Group's second exhibition at Northern Village, Central Airport Plaza.

In addition to City Life and some noteworthy local suppliers, Thai Visa is one of our sponsors which I hope will stop the mods from jumping on this blatant bit of advertising, albeit in non profit making mode. Last year's show was well received and this one will be a bit bigger with about 100 images from all over Asia contributed by our members who include working professionals and keen amateurs using gear that ranges from top end digital SLRs to simple compacts.

704607317_Wy9kd-XL-1.jpg

Chiang Mai Photographic Group Exhibition 2009

2nd Floor, Northern Village, Central Airport Plaza, Chiang Mai

November 14th – 29th, 2009. 11.00 – 20.00 daily

Grand Opening: 4:00 on the 14th

Very good exhibition. I was stunned by the quality of photos in a small venue like Chiangmai. I have been attending the Photo group meetings a few times and it is nice to get tips from these people.

I hope that one day some of my own pictures will qualify for a exhibition like this.

Idea: What about if you made all the pictures that went through the selection process available for reviews online next year. I am sure that there must have been a lot of quality pictures that simply couldn't make the final exhibition due to lack of space.

Thanks

Glad you enjoyed the Exhibition - so far we're very pleased with how busy it's been. If the economy here is shaky, it's not evident at Airport Plaza where parking seems at a premium every day.

714368854_NW6fu-L.jpg

Opening day: picture by Mick Jackson

714389011_DAwzj-L.jpg

Opening day: picture by Alberto Cosi

Edited by Greenside

Sorry I missed the opening, but made it there today.

Really great! Lots of talent evident, and I really do like the venue. It is not stuffy like some fancy gallery, but it is secluded enough that you can really spend the time needed to absorb it all.

Lot of fun material this year - I really liked the swimming pig's nose (I have a bit of a 'thing' for pigs...)

Later, Mark

Lot of fun material this year - I really liked the swimming pig's nose (I have a bit of a 'thing' for pigs...)

That is too bad as the picture is really an elephant's nostril(s).

Edited by noise

Finally managed to make it to the exhibition today and it is stunning. My many congratulations to all those whose work is exhibited.

There is still over a week to go before it ends and I would urge everyone to go and see the extremly high quality work of these local photographers.

On behalf of all the exhibitors and members of the CMPG, thanks for your kind comments and support. The captions are nearly all in place now and we are getting several hundred visitors a day which is very gratifying. Both passers by and people who have come especially to see the show seem to enjoy it and we appreciate your feedback.

704607252_623N8-XL-1.jpg

Please keep coming! :)

Edited by Greenside

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would mention this here.

Also currently at Airport Plaza on the 3rd floor, there is a gallery of the night time sky astronomy photos. It is across from the DTAC office. Look for the display "NARIT". Although, the photos are professionally mounted they were not as spectacular as the other photo exhibition but still worth a 15 minutes visit.

I believe it is on until Wednesday.