Baby Beach

depends what time of year as well prity big seas around for next 6 weeks or so. not sure i would want to put a child that age in the sea around Samui. not sure how clean it is. i stopped going in it years ago after seeing to much sewage. but i know some people here say its ok, all i can say is check with doctors on the island a few have given me their opinion on it.

Agree with previous posts,

Choeng mon is an exellent choice.

The southern part of Chaweng (although not chaweng noi, there are rocks under the water that isn't very nice) is also a very good choice for parents with toddlers.

Have a 2,5 year old girl myself and that is where we go to play and swim with her.

Take care and have a nice trip,

/comehome :)

depends what time of year as well prity big seas around for next 6 weeks or so. not sure i would want to put a child that age in the sea around Samui. not sure how clean it is. i stopped going in it years ago after seeing to much sewage. but i know some people here say its ok, all i can say is check with doctors on the island a few have given me their opinion on it.

Right, at the moment waves were higher in the North and East coast, which is normal in the first weeks of November.

Re clean water: I swim here since 25 years and I never had any health problems by doing so.

i just wonder where all the waste from all the hotels goes, either way make sure you check what vaccinations your child might need and make sure she is well protected from mozzie bites.

5 hospitals, dozens of clinics and hundreds of pharmacies on this small island if you need them.

Agree with previous posts,

Choeng mon is an exellent choice.

The southern part of Chaweng (although not chaweng noi, there are rocks under the water that isn't very nice) is also a very good choice for parents with toddlers.

Have a 2,5 year old girl myself and that is where we go to play and swim with her.

Take care and have a nice trip,

lamai, from spa samui- beach republic, perfect for kids.

/comehome :)

Thong Ta Kian Bay (sp?) The small bay over looked by the Cliff Restaurant. Also known as Crystal Bay, Silver Beach or the Samui Yacht Club Beach.

Depends on the weather of course, but most of the time, my favorite choice of beach to take children.

Sorry to be negative but if i had a child, i would not want him/her anywhere near these sewage filled waters, Use a swimming pool.

that makes 2 of us you cannot recycle sewage you can purify it put it back in the system but you are still left with sewage sludge which would soon put out any incinirator. i doubt Samui has the technology to do this anyway.

want to see what sewage sludge loos like go to Choeng Mon walk out up to about chest height and you will feel the sand feels differnt, go down and pick up a handfull that thick black sludge is what it looks like.

Sorry to be negative but if i had a child, i would not want him/her anywhere near these sewage filled waters, Use a swimming pool.

that makes 2 of us you cannot recycle sewage you can purify it put it back in the system but you are still left with sewage sludge which would soon put out any incinirator. i doubt Samui has the technology to do this anyway.

want to see what sewage sludge loos like go to Choeng Mon walk out up to about chest height and you will feel the sand feels differnt, go down and pick up a handfull that thick black sludge is what it looks like.

What utter rubbish. I have a black under ground sewage tank which bio-degrades all toilet waste, and releases clean water.

What utter rubbish. I have a black under ground sewage tank which bio-degrades all toilet waste, and releases clean water.

No, not utter rubbish. What exactly does your black underground sewage tank have to do with hotels and restaurants tipping untreated sewage straight into the water. Which, i might add i have seen with my own eyes, and i can assure you, the smell was'nt pleasant either.