Warning On Car Air Fresheners

Sheps99

Recently whilst driving I had to make an emergency stop. Unbeknown to me one of these air freshener products that you clip on to your air vent had spilled over. About thirty minutes later still driving I started to fee dizzy, fortunately I was close to home so I carried on. When I got out of my vehicle I could hardly stand up and had to be helped to the house where I lay down, by this time the symptons had got worse as I also had a sore throat. After a sleepless night and feeling worse I went to the local hospital who gave me four lots of tablets and told me to rest.Next day I was just about back to normal and thinking how did this happen with one of these air fresheners. On looking inside my vechile and taking off the air freshener from the vent I was hoffified to find that the liquid had burnt right through my dashboard facia. How can these things be safe to breathe if it does this damage to your vehicle.

On looking at the side of the original box which the air freshener was packaged I see they have a disclaimer for Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Singapore, so no chance of doing anything about it.

So please think twice if you are considering putting one of these things in your motor.

By the way it was a very well known brand.

Interesting...thanks for posting that.

A few months back I took my car to Amnuay Motor Air to get the air conditioning serviced. I had one of those air fresheners clipped to my a/c vent at the center console. The owner/manager noticed it and told me at the time that they were very dangerous and he recommended removing it. When I asked what the problem was he could not explain in English but just said..."dangerous"...

One of those bottle spill out on the AC vent of my new car. Time 10 minutes it was corroding all. I had to change a couple of pieces around the vent.

No need to say I don't use anymore that #%#@ deodorizers my wife likes so much

My motor has a huge stain on the dash where this " freshening" liquid leaked out onto it, very nasty stuff.

I always go for the flowers on offer on the road for 20 baht.

OK the freshness has gone in a couple of days but better than going to sleep at the wheel.