O Visa Based On Marriage

For Laos I need photos and the fee. (I forget the amount.)

For Thailand, I have:

Birth Cert.

Photos

and Marriage Cert.

I saw something about requiring ฿20,000 per month. How do I prove that. I have a bank account at Kasikorn that I can transfer money to. Is the bank book good enough or do I have to get a letter from the bank? Is this really necessary? I did all this before but it was a long time ago and things have had to have changed since then.

Anything else?

How much is a multiple O?

How do I to maximize my stay short of a 12 month extension? I am hoping not to stay more than 4 months but you never know.

I will arrive on a 30 day arrival visa and plan to go to Vientiene when that expires.

Any cheap hotels in Vientiene? :)

Edited by Gonsalviz

1. Will you be allowed on your flight without a visa or onward ticket within 30 days?

2. Believe you are asking about a single entry non immigrant O visa in Vientiane? You need marriage certificate and copy of her home register at most places in the area now. It is also good to have a letter asking for visa to be issued.

3. The extension of stay for one year requirement is 40k per month as stated in a letter from your Embassy. Or 400k in your name at Thai bank account for 2 months.

4. With show of money you may be able to obtain a multi entry but not likely from Vientiane - KL seems to be the best place for that currently. It would cost about 5,000 baht in local currency.

1. Will you be allowed on your flight without a visa or onward ticket within 30 days?

2. Believe you are asking about a single entry non immigrant O visa in Vientiane? You need marriage certificate and copy of her home register at most places in the area now. It is also good to have a letter asking for visa to be issued.

3. The extension of stay for one year requirement is 40k per month as stated in a letter from your Embassy. Or 400k in your name at Thai bank account for 2 months.

4. With show of money you may be able to obtain a multi entry but not likely from Vientiane - KL seems to be the best place for that currently. It would cost about 5,000 baht in local currency.

I have never had a problem going to Thailand with one way ticket.

A letter from whom?

I am guessing that if I apply for a multiple O and it is not approved then a single O will be issued.

Is my bank book enough proof?

Edited by Gonsalviz

Im not to sure where you are at the moment but if you are in your home country you will have far more look gettin a NON O based on marriage in your home country if thats where you are... im not to sure if they will issue a 12 monther at Laos but only 3 months but others will tell you for definate..

Have you thought of the extension of stay option you will be able to get that in Thailand providing you produce all teh documents they ask..its been covere many times on TV so do a search if your not familiar with it

Im not to sure where you are at the moment but if you are in your home country you will have far more look gettin a NON O based on marriage in your home country if thats where you are... im not to sure if they will issue a 12 monther at Laos but only 3 months but others will tell you for definate..

Have you thought of the extension of stay option you will be able to get that in Thailand providing you produce all teh documents they ask..its been covere many times on TV so do a search if your not familiar with it

I am in the middle east. (Not home)

I don't want a 12 month extension yet, I am waiting until I retire for that so I don't run into a problem with importing my belongings.

If 3 months is all I can get, so be it. I may just have to make another run.