Problems After Maxnet Upgrade

melbat

I have just upgraded my internet connection from 2 meg to 4 meg. Now I am having nothing but problems with the service dropping out every few mins. When at first the engineers from maxnet visited they told me my modem was the problem, so I got myself a new one... Of course this did not solve the problem. the engineeers came again... stayed for 10 mins and while they were here the line did not drop out. They came a third time and same thing.. but they had not gone around the corner when the line dropped again. Since then I have tried various setting changes on my PC and modem to no avail. I have little confidence in the Maxnet engineers they seem so young and inexperienced and don't seem to have any answers. I love the new speed when it's working it's great... but it's driving me mad always dropping out. Anyone out there had similar experiences? If so what is the answer? I am now thinking of going back to the old speed where I did not have any problems.

You have to be kidding. How did you ever get them to upgrade your service. I am moving to a new location and went to there supposidly new service centre in Carefour mall and tried to get them to move my service to the new location and the only answer they would give is no have service there and I see there service trucks there all the time. Apperently they dont give a sh-t about customers. I have gone to Sophon cable and they just laughed and said no problem. If you think I am trying to get service in the boondocks, guess again. I am moving into a townhouse just off Pattaya Thai so the service we recieved that was just passable before is now just the sh-ts.

I have TTT or 3BB or whatever their name is now. Sophon Cable I have too for TV but I never use it. Does it make sense to change to this for internet?

I just found out about sophon cable supplying internet service and the girls in there were more than helpfull and actualy seemed to want to serve you, not like tt&t or 3bb or whatever you call it. They didnt even want to talk or basicaly serve me and as I said earlier the only answer I got from them is,- no have service there- and walked away. Plus the internet comes through on your TV cable so you do not need land line telephone, in my case its a waste of money as I use my cell phone for everything and a land line is actualy useless if you have a cell so Dec 1 the land line will be history. The internet service is supplied by CAT telecom through a special arrangement with Sophon Cable. :)