Thai Consulate Taipei (trade Mission)

my experience November 2009

Very quick and very efficient. In and out in less than 10 minutes. It would have been 5 minutes but the application on their website was an older version (i just emailed them- lets see what happens ). Same day service. Can collect ur visa 4 to 5pm. Free visa. Irish passport holder.

Details and locations are on their website http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1889.php

I have many Thai visas in my passport but this was my first time to be in Taiwan. I didn't deal with any Thai staff and the Taiwanese are so polite, courteous and efficient.

The requirements:-

1- One passport photo

2 - Copy of flight to Thailand (I was specifically asked for this. I had erred in completing the application form. I wrote the date of my flight to Malaysian from Bangkok and not the date of my flight from Taipei to BKK)

3 - Copy of flight from Thailand to Malaysia (I presented it with my application so unfortunately don't know if its 100% necessary- other posters on thaivisa say it is)

4- One poster (on thaivisa) said he needed to show means of support. I messaged him asking his nationality but he hasn't replied. I wasn't asked to show means of support. I am a 40year old Irish guy, dressed appropriately for an Asian government visit.

That's it. Any questions, email me. Taipei and its people is a great city and the people genuinely friendly. Only place that i let the vendors take the coins from my hand since I've yet to master the basics of Chinese. I came with a Thai friend and he also stopped asking how much after a few days.

If you are applying for the visa, there is a branch of Bangkok Bank near by (at the main intersection) and it offers the best rate for Thai baht. Many of the banks are currently around 1.17 while Bangkok bank is 1.089

Edited by Finlaco