Good Gaming Speakers For My Desktop

NewGuy

I want to pick up a set of speakers for my pc. They would be used mainly for gaming with some music and movie playing. What do you recommend?

The Creative GigaWorks G500 5.1 Speaker System Front 36W RMS/channel Rear 36W RMS/channel Center 36W RMS Sub-wf 130 W RMS at Hardware House looks like a natural progression from my old and unlamented Inspire T5900 kit. But they do cost nearly 12,000 Baht.

The Creative GigaWorks T3 2.1 Speaker System 15W RMS/channel Sub-wf 50W RMS for 9,900 Baht get good reviews, but I'm not sure if it would be good for gaming.

Again, what do you think?

I still want speakers but I've been thinking of getting some headphones as well ... Skyping, gaming in the middle of the night or a Thai soap opera. What do you you think of Creative's HS-1000 Fatal1ty USB Gaming Headset (Hardware House, 3,990 Baht)?

Creative are ok, go for that. I'm looking at an LG 5.1 set-up for about 10k. Currently got the Creative Aspire (?) 2.1 for 3k from Hua Hin Market Village, its ok but I need surround sound.

You dont need to go for a brand dedicated to computer technology. All you need is a surround sound system with an AUX input or (ideally) optical connection. I'm assuming your pc has an optical input (most new mobos do now), if not, the LG systems have HDMI input which transfer sound and video, or even a normal headphone jack will be ok as the LG decoder with sort out all the surround sound stuff.

10k for a Creative 2.1 system is expensive. It will sound good (mine does) but not 10k good.