Just a guy...

tatteredbackpack

Hi there. I just learned about this site from a neighbor, this after living (on and off) in Thailand for nearly 3 years. (Shows you how much time I spend on the Internet, huh?) Anyway, I'm just "getting out there", would like to meet someone nice (woman, "farang"--no disrespect to the nice Thai women here, it's just a cultural preferance, ya know?) to chat with and eventually meet. I hope this is the right place to request such a thing. Me? I'm Canadian-American, forty-two, who is living in Old Town Lanta. There's a few of us foreigners here, living, doing our work or focusing on our art (I'm a website designer and unpublished writer.) Old Town isn't a resort town, but all that is nearby on the island's other side. So, if you're a Western woman, around my age and interests, planning on visiting Koh Lanta, we should talk. If nothing else, you'll at least have a source for good information about this area. So, email me, okay? :o

Poor fellow - here we go again!

Elfe, Mods, etc, perhaps a mention on the topics front page descriptions is now in order, or you girls are always going to get:

a-  hijacked by the lonelies, which then in turn leads to

b-  flaming free-for-all by all of us sensitive cynicals.

Anyway - good luck "tatteredbackpack", hopefully some lovely will be attracted to your 'unpublished memoirs' etc.  By your Username alone I am sure you will be besieged by replies from the right type of gals!

:laugh:

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!   this is farang girls in thailand, not farang guys in thailand looking for farang girls. If you are in Lanta then you get plenty of farang girls travelling through there. try closer to home!  :o

I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say... at least this one sounds genuine & decent. I really don't mind the guys coming on & looking for dates with farang women but would rather have someone like "tatteredbackpack" who is obviously litterate & polite that the "joncrons" & "Buds" who slag off thai women (& then farang women as in Buds case in farang nightlife) any day. At least tattered has the decency to give a reasonable answer as to why he doesn't want a thai women, so good luck to you "tatteredbackpack" I hope the right lady sees this sight & gets in touch. ::o:

Ouch. Looks like I ventured off into the wrong forum, huh?

Well...having gone against my better judgment to connect with someone via the Internet, I think I'll take "SBK's" advice and keep my trolling local. I did, however, appreciate Boo's reply. (Thank you.) But, hey, I tried, which is better than sitting behind a computer screen all night with only a Cup-O-Noodles and bad VCD as company.

Actually, this was fun; nice to read your postings. Though some of you may need some sensitivity courses, but that's another matter entirely. (You mustn't stay in BKK so long.) Anyway, I have to go--got to iron my silk shirt and polish my gold jewelry so I can cruise the farang bars tonight in hopes of tricking yet another farang woman into spending her life savings on a beach bar "investment."

Aren't these icons cute?

???

Tattered wasn't having a go at you - you actually seem like a decent bloke  :o . There have been some not so nice guys who have posted here. Good luck tonight and keep us posted on how it's coming along.

ps the icons are really cute  :D

Anyway, I have to go--got to iron my silk shirt and polish my gold jewelry so I can cruise the farang bars tonight in hopes of tricking yet another farang woman into spending her life savings on a beach bar "investment."

Ahhh - Tattered - don't turn and run so fast.  With that display of beautiful irony and wit you just delivered, I believe you should give us cynics another chance.

Nat was referring to some other, shall we say, 'less endearing posts' from a few fellows before you, and we may have hastily tainted you with the same brush (read some earlier posts and you might see why).

Please stick around and enjoy the board a bit longer before resigning yourself to the silk & gold fate.

:o

Sorry, tattered, you bore the brunt of my rant, such as it were! just seems like every other posting here is some guy looking for a girl, thought it would be more than just that. However, my original advice was not given to be mean, I really think, as you are in such an isolated place as Lanta, that you would be much better off looking in your own backyard. Not EVERY farang girl that comes to thailand's beaches is looking for a thai boytoy. some are looking for farang boytoys! :o

Tatterback, no need for you to worry of finding attractive head turning eye popping warm rushing females in Thailand.  There are plenty of them and believe me even tho you seek one of your choices as mentioned, many are there for the very same thing.

So look your best put on the slickest aftershave cologne and shuffle fix your tie and presto with a smile from your face you can melt hearts by the dozens.

Let me know how it works out buddy.  Go for it, and good luck

:blues:   :D   :o  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...