How To Uninstall/transfer W7 To Another Pc?

Max2000

How to uninstall / transfer Windows 7 to another pc?

Due to motherboard failure (short), I need to transfer my legal Windows 7 home premium, from laptop to a new desktop. Did a clean/custom install of W7 on the laptop so no Vista to go back to. Laptop still partly working, but not for long according to service shops.

From Windows Help and Support "You can't uninstall Windows 7, but you can reinstall your previous operating system if you have the original installation disc". I dont have.

Then I read "Import or export certificates and private keys".

How can I transfer Windows 7 to another pc?

If this is an OEM version of Windows 7, no -- you cannot transfer the license to a new PC. OEM licenses are forever locked to a given PC.

Retail licenses can be transferred. You are also allowed a certain number of reinstallations (or reactivations). If online reactivation fails, you'll have to activate over the phone.

Everything you need to know about Win7 license

How I can install and activate W7 on the new pc?

I think that will give error message, since W7 is already installed on the old laptop.

What I have to do before install/activate on new desktop??

Must be some steps to perform in the old pc, before allowed to install/activate in new pc.

How I can install and activate W7 on the new pc?

I think that will give error message, since W7 is already installed on the old laptop.

What I have to do before install/activate on new desktop??

Must be some steps to perform in the old pc, before allowed to install/activate in new pc.

Simple do this " Install and activate Windows 7 on the new PC."

A new "Retail" legal version can be installed on 3 computers you own, including one laptop and one desktop at the same time.

Don't worry about it.. Install and activate as usual.

If any problems then call MS Support via their 800 number.. Toll free to them in Singapore.

Also, You are allowed to re-install the O/S from a Failed system on a new one.

If it happens after your 3 "Free" activations, then MS Support will just give you a new activation to use over the phone.

I had a bum system with hardware issues, and I think I eneded up re-installing the O/S about 6 times.. MS never questioned my reasons....

Sh@t happins!!

If it's a legit PAID for O/S, then you have no problems... ever!!!

CS

A new "Retail" legal version can be installed on 3 computers you own, including one laptop and one desktop at the same time.

Don't worry about it.. Install and activate as usual.

If any problems then call MS Support via their 800 number.. Toll free to them in Singapore.

Also, You are allowed to re-install the O/S from a Failed system on a new one.

If it happens after your 3 "Free" activations, then MS Support will just give you a new activation to use over the phone.

I had a bum system with hardware issues, and I think I eneded up re-installing the O/S about 6 times.. MS never questioned my reasons....

Sh@t happins!!

If it's a legit PAID for O/S, then you have no problems... ever!!!

CS

Hi,,

Can you rell me where I can get more information or buy the version that can be installed on 3 computers? I have heard of this for Office but not Windows.

It'll cost you about $20, but go to www.laplink.com & download the correct version for your needs for the programme PCMover. It'll take everything off your old computer & transfer it right accross to your new one! Easy.

Doesnt appear to move the OS though.

They delivered the new desktop at my home and set it up.

Had to uninstall first, then call MS and get a new activation key. Since the old laptop motherboard don't work as it should (uninstall), this complicated it. Luckily MS call center Thailand was resonable and solved this. Now activated and working. Thanks guys.

If your Win 7 is a legal copy, you should have the disk or you can claim one. You can even use other's disk to install and then use your key to activate, because the key is the only thing that is useful. However, if your Win 7 is an OEM version, unfortunately, you can not install it on your PC.