Need A Maid / Personal Assistant / Babysitter

rockhardbkk

Thanks, Udon; I hadn't noticed.  Maybe that explains why you guys were so rock-hard on him. 

C'mon, Doc, what's chalk got to do with it? :o  :D

You have to have projectiles to chuck at the recalcitrant buggers :D

Okay, now I get it. :D At my last school, the pieces of chalk got too small to chuck. I mean, how offended is Supakorn going to be if I fling a finger-nail size piece of chalk at him?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I find it pretty hilarious that so many people are giving me shit and frankly it doesn't bother me all that much. We found our maid and she has been working out quite well so far. She gets 6000 baht a month plus room and board and gets three days off a month. So far so good.

FYI - I don't treat my staff or anyone else poorly, just the plickheads who deserve it. I have no problems with Thais or Farangs as long as a modicum of decency and respect is given. Just because a person is Thai doesn't give the right for them to simply empty the trash and do nothing all day. I don't know about anyone else but I was raised that if you want money, you have to work for it. If a person doesn't want to work, be they Thai or Farang, they aren't getting my money. If that's a piss-poor attitude, oh well, that's what I have then.

I find it pretty hilarious that so many people are giving me shit and frankly it doesn't bother me all that much. We found our maid and she has been working out quite well so far. She gets 6000 baht a month plus room and board and gets three days off a month. So far so good.

FYI - I don't treat my staff or anyone else poorly, just the plickheads who deserve it. I have no problems with Thais or Farangs as long as a modicum of decency and respect is given. Just because a person is Thai doesn't give the right for them to simply empty the trash and do nothing all day. I don't know about anyone else but I was raised that if you want money, you have to work for it. If a person doesn't want to work, be they Thai or Farang, they aren't getting my money. If that's a piss-poor attitude, oh well, that's what I have then.

It's good to hear that you got a good maid. Yes, I think you've been given a bad rap by some.

How's your search for a personal assistant coming along?

Do you think you can have a 3 in 1? I doubt it. A decent PA won't want to clean the house  or babysit.

I reckons you need 2 people.

Harry, live in the real world, Thats a job for 5 people, not 2. 1, a PA, 2, Clean, 3, Babysit, 4, To Supervise, 5, to stand around and pick his/her nose.

:o:D

I am late to this topic. but here's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I never had a maid, but I know of many people who did. I even helped some friends of mine find maids for their places.

here's the scoop...

for a full time maid, look at around 3k to 4k a month plus room and board. this is what many thais pay their staff.

I know some thai friends of mine with university degrees who worked for several years before they got to 15k per month. and this is not for a maid job.

I remember this one thai girl who had this beaming smile. a recent bangkok u graduate. she just got hired as a tour guide. her starting pay was 10k baht a month. considered good for a new graduate. ..you should have seen the smile on her face. I will never forget it. really pretty girl. I wonder what ever happened to her?....

anyway, my suggestion for finding a maid is to go to where all the maids are, and talk to them. where do you go to find a maid? to the places where the big apartments are. the apartment complexes with 3+ bedrooms. many big apartments have build-in maid rooms.

I recommend looking at places in sukhumvit soi 12 where there is more than 5 big apartment complexes.

better yet, get a copy of that bangkok residences book that comes out every year which lists rental places in bangkok. they sell it at many book stores in bangkok. I get mine at the kinoyiya japanese book store at the emporium mall.

if you are shy, maybe have someone make a flyer in thai language asking for maids, and post the flyers on the street poles near these big apartment complexes.

finding a maid is as easy as talking to a maid. I recall going up to maids in this one complex and just asking them quote, "do you know of someone who is looking for a job as a maid?" fulltime, partime?

I got several offers to work as partime maids for 1500 baht a month. they would come in for 2 hours a day for this price. all negotiable.

the tendency of many foreigners is to pay more than they need to. why they do this? I don't know. I remember this one guy from the states who told me he needed to pay his newly hired maid 5k baht a month because he felt guilty to pay less.

oh. one last thing. you don't need to have more than 1 maid unless you really want to. also, maids are people too. so treat them with respect.

hope this info helps you.