Thai General Consulate Perth - Non-immigrant-o

And as I said he did not present a copy of an ID card of friends or relatives - as is now required at Perth.

This is what the poster wrote about his visit to Brisbane Thai Consulate (for more detail see link above):

I was immediately asked if I have a Thai wife, apartment, business, etc.

I said that I was visiting friends and was told that they can’t issue this kind of visa unless I have the above requirements. They then asked if I was over 50 – lol - which I’m not.

From about 3 or 4 years back I have found the Oz consulates and Embassy to be very good at emailing back details of requirements. I particularly asked them about non Oz passport holders and that was not an issue, just as it is not an issue for Hull.

A month or so back I emailed Perth, she was very help full detailed what was required + all the forms sent. Being English was not a problem, They are open Tuesdays + Thursdays + she said if I made an appointment then I would get my '0' 1yr multi entry the same day no problems. Thai Oz consulates and Embassy close on Oz + Thai holidays so best to ask them first anyway. Looking forward to my trip in March will be the 1st trip outside of Thailand since 2003.

From about 3 or 4 years back I have found the Oz consulates and Embassy to be very good at emailing back details of requirements. I particularly asked them about non Oz passport holders and that was not an issue, just as it is not an issue for Hull.

A month or so back I emailed Perth, she was very help full detailed what was required + all the forms sent. Being English was not a problem, They are open Tuesdays + Thursdays + she said if I made an appointment then I would get my '0' 1yr multi entry the same day no problems. Thai Oz consulates and Embassy close on Oz + Thai holidays so best to ask them first anyway. Looking forward to my trip in March will be the 1st trip outside of Thailand since 2003.

Make sure you allow some time to look around Perth a bit, head over to Kings Park and enjoy, truely a beautiful place.

You think a Thai embassy/consulate cannot read a letter written in Thai? <deleted>.

8ball

There are no Thai speakers at the consulate in Perth. Type up letters in English, have them signed by supposed writer, attach a signed copy of ID card and everything will be fine. They are a very helpful and friendly lot at the Perth office.

• 3 weeks later...
Both Perth and Brisbane are excellent Consulates with their own little quirks but NO hassles. The OP mentioned that the Non O was hard in Brisbane --- That's crap.

anyone know about Non B's in Perth...i have several times got Non B's (once in Houston, once in Islamabad) with a basic letter from a company here inviting me to be a consultant, and was wondering about Perth since it is supposed to be so user friendly. Or is it just easier to stick with a letter and ID card and get a Non O?

anyone know about Non B's in Perth...i have several times got Non B's (once in Houston, once in Islamabad) with a basic letter from a company here inviting me to be a consultant, and was wondering about Perth since it is supposed to be so user friendly. Or is it just easier to stick with a letter and ID card and get a Non O?

Letter of invitation from Thai company will get you single entry Non-B. For multiple-entry Non-B you need to additionally provide company documents and employment contract (see link below). If going multiple entry route, Non-O may be easier to obtain document wise if you have a Thai friend.

http://thaiconsulatewa.org.au/visa_detail....visa_list_id=41

One more 1 year type O success story from Perth.

I applied based on visiting my Thai gf. All that I was asked to provide was: a copy of gfs ID card, address and phone number. I handed it all in on one printout, my visa was ready a few hours later. No letter, no passport.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We flew Air Asia from Bangkok to Perth with a 2.5 hour layover in KL

Is it actually possible to book Bangkok to Perth? On the Air Asia web site, whenever I select "Bangkok" as the origin, there is no option to select "Perth". Doesn't the system account for stopovers like how other airline web site booking systems do?

Would I first have to book Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, then Kuala Lumpur to Perth as two completely separate bookings?

We flew Air Asia from Bangkok to Perth with a 2.5 hour layover in KL

Is it actually possible to book Bangkok to Perth? On the Air Asia web site, whenever I select "Bangkok" as the origin, there is no option to select "Perth". Doesn't the system account for stopovers like how other airline web site booking systems do?

Would I first have to book Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, then Kuala Lumpur to Perth as two completely separate bookings?

Yes, you'll have to book the Bangkok - KL leg seperately. KL is the hub for AirAsia. This is normal practice for low cost airlines.

Edited by tropo

Yes Tropo is right - Air Asia flies point to point. So if there is a stop over that's another separate flight and you'll need to purchase another ticket. Check your luggage out, go thru immigration (if another country), check your luggage back in again... etc.