Smoking Area

smokie36

I noticed the smoking area in the food court in the domestic terminal has gone. Its got windows and aircon now....but no customers.

Great planning by tot. I would have stopped by for a few beers but from now on will spend my money elsewhere.

:)

Edited by smokie36

Yeah, I noticed that too and was dismayed, too. But they did put a Burger King in there now, which is an improvement. But man, I miss that smoking and relaxing area. I suspect that with the drop in sales, it will return soon. I'm sure not going to sit and have a beer if I can't have a smoke too.

Smokers need to have an area. I chew copenhagen and I am glag I don't need an area to do that. If you can't smoke everywhere than at least give them a place to smoke.

I agree. This was the only open air area for smoking in the entire airport so it seems ridiculous to close it. When I asked the staff there they told me the decision lay with the airport authorities so I don't expect this to change unfortunately.

It might still change. I notice that the "strong, new law" and crackdown on smoking in public areas from a few months ago (or was it a year?) has unsurprisingly fallen by the wayside. I see people smoking in restaurants again, so perhaps the airport will follow suit.

(I'm an ex-smoker, but this is what I've seen lately)