Air Flights To Australia

Niloc

Have a look at both thai airelines & singapores airlines websites, flight costs vary depending on how far in advance you can book and how long you stay in Oz.

Thai flight goes BKK-SYD-BNE and return from BNE its direct to BKK.

The singapore airlines flight goes thru Singapore in both directions.

Edited by neverdie

There is nothing exactly what one would call sensibly priced these days. Today I paid 38,000 baht for a Bangkok/Melbourne return. Then of course there is the domestic return on top of that. SQ is a little cheaper, but has a stopover in Singapore, which does not suit me.

^Well MM, I would hardly call 38,000thb over the top for that sort of trip, but it always depends on how long you stay. Ive seen 30 day thai tickets for low 20k thb but it doesnt help much if they are staying in Australia 6 months.

Yes ND Thai do have a special on at the moment, 25K return, but of course it's only good for 30 days, and yup, you guessed it. I'm there for 45 days :) Do you want me to bring you back anything? A small furry stuffed wombat perhaps? :D

Take her next year on Air Aisia, spend a couple of nice dys in KL too.

Depart

Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) to Gold Coast (Brisbane)(OOL)D7 2702Mon 27 Sep 2010Depart 2125Arrive 0725ReturnGold Coast (Brisbane)(OOL) to Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)D7 2703Wed 27 Oct 2010Depart 0840Arrive 1550439.00 MYRicon_plus.gif, Depart Total439.00 MYRicon_minus.gif, Depart Total387.00 MYR1 Guest @ 387.00 52.00 MYR Airport Tax434.00 MYRicon_plus.gif, Return Total434.00 MYRicon_minus.gif, Return Total257.00 MYR1 Guest @ 257.00 177.00 MYR Airport TaxTotal 873.00 MYR

CURRENCY CONVERTER

Total 9,084.00 THB

Note: The exchange rate used here is based on AirAsia's rates and may not reflect those of your credit card provider.

Edited by uptheos

^Well MM, I would hardly call 38,000thb over the top for that sort of trip, but it always depends on how long you stay. Ive seen 30 day thai tickets for low 20k thb but it doesnt help much if they are staying in Australia 6 months.

Yes ND Thai do have a special on at the moment, 25K return, but of course it's only good for 30 days, and yup, you guessed it. I'm there for 45 days :) Do you want me to bring you back anything? A small furry stuffed wombat perhaps? :D

Naa, I'm already havin enuf trouble with the couple I brought back last month....thanx anyway :D

ps: If you let me know what day ur flyin in, I'll have my mates at customs organise an 'internal' for you :D

^Ohh thats good news, will have to look into that, it use to be BNE-BKK-BNE years ago but then they changed it :)

Are you sure, because if ur just banking on what your ticket says or the travel agent, they don't always know or state/realise the return sector is thru Sydney?

I just missed out on the direct flight last month. My travel agent told me it was going back to the old direct flights in the last week of October. I just had a look at the thaiair website and it shows the flights direct now.

Take her next year on Air Aisia, spend a couple of nice dys in KL too.

Depart

Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) to Gold Coast (Brisbane)(OOL)D7 2702Mon 27 Sep 2010Depart 2125Arrive 0725ReturnGold Coast (Brisbane)(OOL) to Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)D7 2703Wed 27 Oct 2010Depart 0840Arrive 1550439.00 MYRicon_plus.gif, Depart Total439.00 MYRicon_minus.gif, Depart Total387.00 MYR1 Guest @ 387.00 52.00 MYR Airport Tax434.00 MYRicon_plus.gif, Return Total434.00 MYRicon_minus.gif, Return Total257.00 MYR1 Guest @ 257.00 177.00 MYR Airport TaxTotal 873.00 MYR

CURRENCY CONVERTER

Total 9,084.00 THB

Note: The exchange rate used here is based on AirAsia's rates and may not reflect those of your credit card provider.

We are going Air Asia next April all being well. Chiang mai to KL .KL to Gold Coast. Apart from the price avoiding Bangkok is a major bonus foer us.

Naa, I'm already havin enuf trouble with the couple I brought back last month....thanx anyway :D

ps: If you let me know what day ur flyin in, I'll have my mates at customs organise an 'internal' for you :)

PM'd you the date, just in case my favourite one is not on duty :D Sure I can't get you one of those wobbly headed wombats clutching a boomerang to hang off your mirror? It's really no trouble. :D

We are going Air Asia next April all being well. Chiang mai to KL .KL to Gold Coast. Apart from the price avoiding Bangkok is a major bonus foer us.

You go for it Sparkles, somebody has to fly the poverty airlines.....by the way, do you have to take your own lifejacket for that flight or is it just packed sandwiches :)

ps: If you let me know what day ur flyin in, I'll have my mates at customs organise an 'internal' for you :)

PM'd you the date, just in case my favourite one is not on duty :D Sure I can't get you one of those wobbly headed wombats clutching a boomerang to hang off your mirror? It's really no trouble. :D

No, I'm fine, perhaps you should be more worried about the internal than getting me a wombat, enjoy your trip and say hello to kevin 747 for me.

I just bought a return ticket for my girl last Friday - BKK- SYD- BKK for 33,000 Baht, and Thai Airways was a little less, but if you are in Brisbane , Royal Brunei flies out of there so i would be seriously looking at them .

You go for it Sparkles, somebody has to fly the poverty airlines.....by the way, do you have to take your own lifejacket for that flight or is it just packed sandwiches :)

AA probably the most successful airline in Asia at the moment ,must be doing something right,guess we will have penty of company

We have flown Air Asia many times in Thailand and never had a bad experience, but an incident last Friday has made me wary of budget carriers and I don't think I would use them for long haul travel.

I was booked on a 4pm flight from Sydney to Melbourne, I arrived early at 1pm but of course couldn't get on an earlier flight because of my restricted ticket the 4 pm flight was delayed twice and at 6.30pm it was canceled. I was put on a Qantas flight which was also delayed, finally we boarded only to disembark and board another plane an hour later ( a broken hinge on a storage locker).

Our flight eventually took off at 00.40 and I got home at 3.00am! Never again.You get what you pay for. I'd be looking at Thai, in fact we are flying Thai MEL-CNX 25th December, already booked Xmas lunch at the Olde Bell :)

Edited by basinboy

We have flown Air Asia many times in Thailand and never had a bad experience, but an incident last Friday has made me wary of budget carriers and I don't think I would use them for long haul travel.

I was booked on a 4pm flight from Sydney to Melbourne, I arrived early at 1pm but of course couldn't get on an earlier flight because of my restricted ticket the 4 pm flight was delayed twice and at 6.30pm it was canceled. I was put on a Qantas flight which was also delayed, finally we boarded only to disembark and board another plane an hour later ( a broken hinge on a storage locker).

Our flight eventually took off at 00.40 and I got home at 3.00am! Never again.You get what you pay for. I'd be looking at Thai, in fact we are flying Thai MEL-CNX 25th December, already booked Xmas lunch at the Olde Bell :)

Sorry to hear about your problems but are you describing QANTAS as a budget airline ? Not so sure thats correct.

I flew that Air Asia flight to Gold Coast with the whole family last June, good flight, and new planes unlike Thai, no problems at all. Just had to overnight KL on the way back. My brother is on their email list and when an even cheaper ticket comes along he jumps on and flies up for a visit.

Sorry to hear about your problems but are you describing QANTAS as a budget airline ? Not so sure thats correct.

I really should read my posts before submitting

My original flight was with Jetstar and subsequently transferred to Qantas (the parent company)