Serious Motorbikes Rental Shop In Bkk

KIFKIF

OK OK Lenny,

So i seriously think to set up a big bikes rent store here in BKK for my friends and their friends who comes to visits me ,yours friends guys as well even for peoples who loves riding but small budget or needs bike for few days in BKK,affordable rental prices,full insured.

Might open soon.actually doing website.

Cheers

Franck

Well someone must be insuring all the other rental places in Thailand, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

None of the big bikes here (Phuket) are insured..

I cant get fully comp insurance on my blade, would love to find out I am wrong but tried a lot of agents.

Well someone must be insuring all the other rental places in Thailand, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

I cant get fully comp insurance on my blade, would love to find out I am wrong but tried a lot of agents.

I believe that may be due to the age of your bike as I'm sure I've read that 1st class insurance is also not available for cars over 7 years old?

I believe that may be due to the age of your bike as I'm sure I've read that 1st class insurance is also not available for cars over 7 years old?

Exactly.. But what age are the majority of those rental big bikes ??

Very few shiny newish ones.. OK a couple (mostly Yammy R1's to my eyes) but not many.. Am speaking purely about Phuket where I see them tho.

Even if you could get insurance for rental bikes in Bangkok I'm sure the premiums will be sky high. The rental rates would therefore have to be a lot higher. If there was money to be made renting big bikes in Bangkok surely someone would be doing it already...

Am trying to shake images of some idiot red-lining the lovely ZX 12 or whatever the second it starts.

Or melting the clutch in stop and go traffic.

One bad customer might cost you literally THB XXX thousands. Nah, this is one business I wouldn't want to be in.

Or else I might lose it and try a kick a la Eric Cantona (Manchester United player who after getting sent off

attacked a spectator in some spectacular fashion)

CM is the place to go for both, renting and riding!

Chris

IF I was to consider doing as the OP is planning I would probably look at both ends of the market as opposed to just "affordable rental" Definitely would have to be Kawasaki new bikes at the minute as no other reasonably priced big bikes with easy spare parts access. I would be trying to generate interest in prepaid packages offering x amount of days touring Thailand with accommodation etc included for customer and routes loaded in a GPS unit. Possibly the option of a local guide ( one company doing this already but not in BKK )

Central BKK IMO is not a good location, I'd be looking at outskirts, allowing customers to pick up bike then avoid a ride through the city. No Thai or IDP, no rental, if you want to offer valid insurance. I would also make a slightly higher excess on the insurance to "encourage" customers to treat the bike as their own.

I actually think the plan has possibilities, just because it's not being done now means nothing, someone has to start the ball rolling. I certainly wouldn't rule out the local Thai market either, many wealthy locals around.

IF I was to consider doing as the OP is planning I would probably look at both ends of the market as opposed to just "affordable rental" Definitely would have to be Kawasaki new bikes at the minute as no other reasonably priced big bikes with easy spare parts access. I would be trying to generate interest in prepaid packages offering x amount of days touring Thailand with accommodation etc included for customer and routes loaded in a GPS unit. Possibly the option of a local guide ( one company doing this already but not in BKK )

Central BKK IMO is not a good location, I'd be looking at outskirts, allowing customers to pick up bike then avoid a ride through the city. No Thai or IDP, no rental, if you want to offer valid insurance. I would also make a slightly higher excess on the insurance to "encourage" customers to treat the bike as their own.

I actually think the plan has possibilities, just because it's not being done now means nothing, someone has to start the ball rolling. I certainly wouldn't rule out the local Thai market either, many wealthy locals around.

If there was a company in Bangkok offering newish and well maintained R1's, R6's, ZX10R's etc then I'd use them.

I'm in the position that I ride the 250R to work every day and I love it in BKK traffic but I'd like a bit more for the longer weekend trips to the beach (Cha Am, Rayong etc). At the moment the only option is hoping that the ZX6R eventually comes in at under 500k (and un-restricted) which seems like a long shot at the moment.

I'd jump at the chance of hiring a decent big bike for a couple of weekends a month. Much more attractive than putting 5-600k into a bike that I only ride now and then. Plus it would eliminate the hassle of selling it and taking the depreciation hit when I leave Thailand/fancy a change etc.

Unfortunately, there's probably not too many others looking for this type of thing so as a business venture I'd be a bit wary...

I believe there is a market for a serious rental company, in the past, insurance companies did never wanted to get involved into a rental company which rented out big bikes, this was mainly because this big bike companies had no official representatives in Thailand. But now that Kawasaki, and a few more have officially opened office and have official parts and maintenance prices things are changing.

I remember a case of my g/f versa a insurance company which didn't wanted to pay because the prices for the motorcycle repair where astronomical, and therefore the insurance company claimed it could not be correct. The damage was the complete front section, including radiator and cylinder head and frame adjustment... of our BMW Xroad 650. The accident happend, because the owner of a pick-up moved out of the parking lot of a bank, and did not paid attention to traffic (other then 4 wheels). BMW Thailand, testified in court that the motorcycle was officially imported, officially registered and allowed to use public roads and therefore the repair costs officially supported by BMW Co Ltd. (Thailand) was nothing other then the official repair to a higher then standard two-wheel vehicle. Our lawyer also commented to the judge, that a 1985 Toyota Corrola, worth less then 50,000 Baht, but still fully insured, could accidental have an accident with a Bentley or top of the line Benz.

A guy from Norway contacted me with such a plan for the Don Mueang area.

He wants to start with Kawa ER6 bikes and offer something along Judas' lines.

Personally, I would start little and grow - all Tiger Boxer 250s and a van for the luggage

with a spare bike, heading for Petchabun & Loei as competition in CM is fierce.

BKK travel be best avoided.

I would try to unload the insurance on the customers...

Insisting they all have international big bike DLs (for farang).

A mate rented a bike with out ever having ridden, in Cyprus.

He fell off during a test ride and still was allowed to proceed! :)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

we will be renting out ninjas and er6n bikes in bkk from next month,all have 1class insurance and are 100 % legaly registered,we will allso be doing touring with groups.

The bikes will be parked and rented out very central in bangkok,there will allso be possible to rent one way to phuket airport and possible at a later stage to koh samui.

dents and scratches must be payed by the customer, if "loosing the bike" the customer are reliable for 25 % if the bikes value.day rental 1700 bth.

10k bth deposit and passport.

<snip>

post-28865-1261563392_thumb.jpg

Edited by soundman
Email removed & next time pls. post bike for rent in classifieds.

I think its a difficult business to run with lots of hassels and not much financial reward. There are alot of foreigners who would not treat the bikes as you would and who will do the most stupid things! What happens if the hirer gets stopped by the BiB and the bike gets siezed (for whatever reason)?

nuwatmat, good luck with your business. This is actually something I would use, and I think it is nice to be able to rent a big bike in Thailand.

However, I also agree with Maichai. This is not a business I would want to get into. Motorcycles are much easier to cause damage to than even a car. There are so many people out there who don't know how to ride (but they think they do). It just takes one bad customer to completely destroy a bike.

And passport.. And about double the daily rate of most renters here..

I was not aware of the fact that you could hire a ninja or er6 in bkk for 850 a day,however i rented one last week for 3 days on samui 2009 er6 for 1500 a day passport and 5k deposit NO insurance and could not leave the 20 km long island,totaly waste of money as the trafic there is deadly i would say wors than driving on sukhumwit as there are less drunk drivers there.

feedback are deeply apriciated and if anybody will tell me where i can get that 850 deal no deposit and full insurance i will not bother driving one of my own bikes.