Gay Friendly Hotel Bangkok

craig34

Hi guys!!

I will be traveling to Bangkok in january 2010 for a few nights & i would want to stay in a 3-5* hotel around silom/surawong area that is guest and GAY friendly I.E NO JOINER FEE

I have emailed the following hotels and they all replied that a 'JOINER FEE' is needed.

PLEASE can you recomend that you know of personally youreself that do not require a joiner fee

I do not want to stay in the malaysia hotel or babylon

Many thanks guys

heritage bkk 600B

silom serene 1000B (if room booked through agent)

montien 1100B

siam heritage 900B

tawana 950B

narai 1000B

Have a look at Baan Saladaeng, which is a small boutique hotel opened by two gay European guys. The rooms are often fully booked a few weeks in advance, so it's best to book early.

that gay hotel-where they even moreorless expect you to bring in a guest for the night-Tawana-its on any Hay ''frinedly'' listing and all those fora mutiple times-like gaytingtong, gaythailand, sawatdee-gay-thailand etc. even that old dreadedned.com-not updated since some 5-6 yrs, still has it.

gay friendly in the way they wont look silly at a gay couple (instead of the common mixed sex) is about any HTL here in BKK.

as your same Q was on another forum-you most likely worried far too much and posted the wrong question-as long as you prebook and pay a DOUBLE room you can bring in anyone. to cut the list short you had better ask being listed the very few HTLs that do frown a little on bringing guests in-mainly those catering for the American family-value set. From what I recall the Montien is in that category-but may have changed or is incorrect. Area is pretty boring daytime though.

DO NOT book at Pinnacle with a credit card!!!! Both myself and a friend had our card numbers used after we had checked out. Had I not been outside of Thailand on the dates the card was used I would have had a hard time proving it wasn't me that made the charges. Sure they offer a discount if you book online because they make it up with later purchases.

Edited by Sansai Sam

While not gay, I have stayed at the Pinnacle a couple of times, and booked once through Agoda and once through Latestays. So, no credit card problem there. Nice enough hotel, great location if you want to take the mrt. free wifi.

that gay hotel-where they even moreorless expect you to bring in a guest for the night-Tawana-its on any Hay ''frinedly'' listing and all those fora mutiple times-like gaytingtong, gaythailand, sawatdee-gay-thailand etc. even that old dreadedned.com-not updated since some 5-6 yrs, still has it.

gay friendly in the way they wont look silly at a gay couple (instead of the common mixed sex) is about any HTL here in BKK.

I think you mean the Tarntawan others have mentioned in this thread, which is opposite the Tawana. I have stayed regularly at the Tawana for several years and it's not a gay hotel (though still gay friendly). A lot of German tour groups and asian golf tours stay there. I get treated very well there, including various times with different BFs, and wouldn't stay anywhere else in BKK.

These days, if I did have a temporary guest I'd avail myself of a shortime hotel (BB Inn is good in that resepect, Suriwongs is cheaper but a total dump); cheaper than paying a joiners fee and safer than giving someone who might be less than trust worthy an opportunity to relieve you of some of your possesions or the contents of the minibar :)

With the Tawana booking a double room wouldn't work. Their rates are based on number of occupants, and they charge 1000 Bt per extra person per night when booking, so the joiner fee is actually cheaper.

Omyim lodge is always my first choice when going to BKK.. right at Chong Nonsi BTS station and 5 minute walk to Silom. Small but very comfortable, reasonably priced, friendly staff, breakfast included and no joiner fees. www.omyimgroup.com

I recently stayed at both these hotels:

Regent is in the same soi as GOD. The rooms are quite small, and not many English channels on the TV. However it was clean and the people friendly.

I moved up the street a little to Bally's and was much happier.

Rooms much nicer, beds much larger and more comfortable. Up esculator to BTS just steps away. Next to soi with DJ station. They charge per room, and give you two breakfast coupons so I assume no joiner fee but better check. They offered 2000 per night net including breakfast and when I checked in, they gave me 1800. Later I got 1600 through a friend.

Last year stayed at Tarntawan and enjoyed my stay. They are a bit tattered, and pricy, but the breakfast being offered all day is very civilized, the service is outstanding, and no where do I feel more comfortable with a much younger companion.

^, ^^, ^^^some good advice and some honesty up there. People with dubious (and perhaps compensated) younger companions should go to short-time hotels for safety considerations- and frankly, because that's where Thais would go. I doubt there's any major hotel in Thailand that would refuse a gay couple who came in and properly registered together, especially of similar age and social standing, not apparently a bar worker, street worker or other potential security problem. Thais would not be so foolish as to bring dubious types into major hotels with them, and foreigners shouldn't be. Instead of 'gay-friendly,' perhaps 'fling-friendly' would be a better title for this thread- there are no gay unfriendly hotels in the nation, as far as I can tell.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you specify TWIN BEDS, you nearly always get a room with a DOUBLE BED.

When my better half and I check in, I have never had noses or eyebrows raised when they see two males together. Thats one of the beautiful things about Asia (and especially Thailand) - the lack of homophobia.

Peter

Hi craig, I`m also heading over Jan 2010 and my partner and I normally stay at the Amari Watergate, never been an issue at all. Been there about 4 times now, the last time the room was upgraded to one of the large suites no extra cost. I have also previously stayed at the Pathawan Princess, again no problems being a gay couple...I`m sure they see our money as good as anyone elses.