Visa Overstay Question...

I currently hold a Non-Immigrant ED visa which expires on 22nd Dec.

Because of my last visa run i should be due to do another run by 12th Dec. (stamp in passport)

I am flying out of Thailand on the 18th Dec to go back to UK for xmas.

Rather than do a visa run on or just before the 12th i was thinking of just overstaying and paying the fine which i believe is 500 baht a day? up to the 18th Dec when i leave anyway. Does this fine still apply these days?

Can someone please clarify if that is possible to do? Would i pay the fine at immigration at the airport? Is there anyway of getting a week extension to see out the difference between the 12th and 18th Dec perhaps by visiting an immigration office beforehand?

Are there any future problems if i overstay because i want to come back and get a work permit next year.

Am i missing anything?

Any feedback appreciated.

Show your ticket out to obtain a 7 day extension from Immigration. Will cost 1,900 baht and keep your passport clean (and avoid any chance of a local police pick-up/jail).

You fill out a TM.7 form and attach a 4x6cm photo. Copies of passport data page/visa/arrival stamp and departure card.

I have one year ED visa, which expires August 2010.

I noticed that today is the last day of my 90 days, if i go outside Thailand tomorrow, will probably get a small fine at the borded. But when I come back do I get another 90 days, or does my Visa expire because I have overstayed, and not applied for the extension. (I went to the dam_n new Immigration office today, just to be told that I cant get a 90 days stamp without asking for the extension first. What a great system!) :)

Please kindly answer quickly if you can, as I might have to leave tonight if the Visa will expire also.. (I hope not, didnt find any information about this, so I guess it is just a normal overstay and when I come back I still get the 90 days...)

tHanks!

Your visa remains valid till augst 2010, but you should have left today. If you go to the border tomorrow you will have to pay a fine of 500 baht and will get a stamp in your passport that you had an overstay. There are no repercussions, just leave the country and return after entering and exiting a neigbouring country.

Your visa remains valid till augst 2010, but you should have left today. If you go to the border tomorrow you will have to pay a fine of 500 baht and will get a stamp in your passport that you had an overstay. There are no repercussions, just leave the country and return after entering and exiting a neigbouring country.

okie, thanks. So only 500 bath fine is okay, as long as my visa is alive. Will cross borded tomorrow then.