Ubon Hospitals

EXS

We have also been satisfied with both Ubon Rak and Rajavej.

The MRI scanner mentioned above is located in the provincial public hospital. Few private hospitals in Isaan have the technical facilities of the leading public and military hospitals, but of course they offer better 'hotel services', which seems to be what patients notice. In Bangkok by contrast the leading private hospitals are amongst the best equipped, partly because of medical tourism. Sapphasit Hospital, Ubon's provincial public hospital, has improved since Ubon University established its medical and public health faculty and is regarded as one of two major tertiary referral centres in Isaan. If you want international quality, however,, I'd suggest that the better option in the NE is Srinakarin University Hospital, khon Kaen. Of course, it depends what the problem is: there may be special strengths in a particular specialty in other provincial or military hospitals. As always our North American friends believe that private is best, and yes these hospitals do have nice bedrooms and often the same doctors. A westerner can pay to enter a public hospital as a private patient.

Talking of which, does Ubon Rak have a MRI facility?

No it doesn't but there is one in Ubon. More details can be found here. http://memock.wordpress.com/2008/12/17/mri...bon-ratchatani/

Very timely and useful. I have been diagnosed with a liver fluke (probably from raw river fish in Laap Plaa) and the next stage of my treatment would involve me in having an MRI scan of my bile ducts in the UK next week. But my TW is also expecting a little girl (my first) next week/ the following, so I am hoping to hot foot it back out there and transfer the analysis temporarily to Thailand. Thanks again MeMock.

Went to the denstist at Ubon Rak Hospital and made an appointment to see a dentist who can speak English.

Useless turd didn't understand anything and just wanted to pull my tooth out. They had workers drilling stuff in reception, it didn't smell like a dentist, and it wasn't as clean as I would expect from a private hospital.

No way would I have anything voluntarily removed from the dentist there.

Mind you at 200 baht a visit I shouldn't have expected much.

Can anyone recommend a good dental clinic in Ubon?

There is a good dentist alongside Sk Mall, on the main round that runs between Chayungun road and the clock tower opposite the entrance to the uni. Whilst the secretary cannot speak English the dentist can.

Edited by MeMock

There is a good dentist alongside Sk Mall, on the main round that runs between Chayungun road and the clock tower opposite the entrance to the uni. Whilst the secretary cannot speak English the dentist can.

Aagh! That was the answer to my next question :)

Went to the denstist at Ubon Rak Hospital and made an appointment to see a dentist who can speak English.

Useless turd didn't understand anything and just wanted to pull my tooth out. They had workers drilling stuff in reception, it didn't smell like a dentist, and it wasn't as clean as I would expect from a private hospital.

I've used the dentistry department at Ubonrak for 13 years, with various dentists, and always had good service, never seen any "useless turds" there, and all dentistry - believe it or not - was done in the proper room. What should a dentist's clinic actually smell like?

Maybe I'm just lucky, or you are a very unlucky person.

I've used the dentistry department at Ubonrak for 13 years, with various dentists, and always had good service, never seen any "useless turds" there, and all dentistry - believe it or not - was done in the proper room. What should a dentist's clinic actually smell like?

Maybe I'm just lucky, or you are a very unlucky person.

I am also very pleased with the dental department at Ubon Rak. The dentist seemed to understand exactly what she was doing, could explain it to me, and when I didn't understand in Thai she could often come up with the English word.

It just shows how experiences can vary.

Cheers,

Mike

I have used the female dentist at Rajavej for the last 3 years. :D

She speaks English, are very efficient, and always explains in what way she's going to torture me :)

She has always been on time for my appointments, and I'm almost looking forward to the next one. :D (which is on Friday)

I have used the female dentist at Rajavej for the last 3 years. :D

She speaks English, are very efficient, and always explains in what way she's going to torture me :)

She has always been on time for my appointments, and I'm almost looking forward to the next one. :D (which is on Friday)

I have used the one at Rajavej as well. She is now on maternity leave for a few weeks. Here you can go during normal business hours 9-4 monday to friday. I have also used the clinic across from Robinson. This is also a female dentist and speaks english as well. Her clinic is open evenings and weekends.