Where To Stay On Koh Phangan?

Hi guys/gals

I will be coming down to Koh Phangan at the end of February with my two sisters and need to know the best place/ beach to stay. We will be coming just before the Full Moon period but don't want to go to the party so planning on leaving that day (Will hotels/resorts allow this?). Is there anywhere with a decent nightlife outside of Haad Rin for 3 girls in their 20's? We have a budget of 4,000 baht/night and would like a nice beach resort.

Thanks in advance.

LL :)

Had Yao is probably your best bet, then. Nice beach, some night life but not crazy. I wouldn't stay in Hadrin if you want to avoid full moon madness as it starts several days before the actual party.

Thong Nai Pan, is a nice beach, but very far from everything, with a bad road and without any nightlife.

Haad Yao, although full of new buildings, still a beautiful beach, well connected to everything on the island, with some small party places and more beautiful beaches all around.

A good choice!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll give ya A tip.I was there for Decembers full moon party.Many places want you to book 3 days around the date of the full moon party.You might be able to find A place that you don't but I didn't.I stayed at MY PHANGAN RESORT.No bells and whisles but clean and airconditioning,and A nice restaurant next door.Get in touch i'll tell ya more.Dave