Looking To Buy Quality Used Furniture And Apps

damselflydiva

I'm moving house from a fully furnished place to a completely empty one. If anyone has any ideas on places to look, I'd appreciate it. In the U.S. I would hit yard sales and thrift shops, but I'm not sure there's a Thai equivalent... I've seen places to buy refurbished appliances but beyond that I'm not sure where to look. Any ideas? Or if anyone knows a local craftsman I could contract with to build some basic furniture, that info. would be appreciated too. I'm on a budget of course, but I'd rather have a few nice things than a houseful of cheap laminate junk if you know what I mean. Thanks!

:) I had same idea but at the end I buy new, most from INDEX or direct in factory.

It depend where you would move in the new empty house.

I move out from a rented house in which I invested full household, cortains etc. ! Most are as new, refrigerator/deepfreezer 2 month etc.! I want sale ONLY en bloc and could offer a very interesting contract to rent house (not a must, i am no more under contract) at Thai price level. In this village house for rent near 12 - 18'000 my house 3 bed/2bath, big living, kittchen for only 7000 THB/mnt. excl. electricity, water phone+Internet ADSL 4 MB - pls e-mail I send pictures.

The Christian missionary types run a very, very efficient email service for this and all sorts of useful aids to get settled or sell your stuff, but I haven't got the particulars handy. Check with the folks at Grace School. I think they will know the service. And it is quite thorough and good. Redemption for any sins is not on offer.

There is a great temple out in Nonthaburi called Wat Suan Kaew. They are well known through the Thai people in that proximity because they accept donations of any kind. Whenever a house needs to be cleared out, such as a death in a family, the stuff that doesn't get kept or sold will end up here.

They have several buildings on the temple grounds dedicated to recycling / selling the volume of stuff they receive. Due to the Thai cultural beliefs about Ghosts attached to stuff, there is a lot of times that entire "contents " are dumped here. The buildings are semi-organized; clothes are in one place, furniture, appliances, etc. It is a pretty good "garage sale" environment. They have everything there that you need, and more. One floor of a building is dedicated to computers and electronic stuff. They have buildings full of appliances and furniture.

You will need transportation to get out there, and a Thai person to communicate / negotiate (Unless you know Thai, of course). Start at the Mall Ngamwongwan, and head out directly west. Cross the river and keep going and going. There is a "Temple" signpost where you need to turn.

Edit - links to the Nation are OK, so here is Suan Kaew Foundation.

Edited by bino