Reasonably Priced Rental Accommodation Sort

POAK

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I am looking to find rental accommodation for my girlfriend in Bangkok. I need to go home soon and want her staying somewhere that is clean, safe and reasonable in price.

We are looking at either a Studio or a 1 bed room apartment/condominium under 5000BHT, this is all she can afford at the moment on her minimal salary per month.

Ideally, we would like to find something that has the following;

Refrigerator

Kitchen

TV

Cable TV

Internet

Fully furniture

Security/CCTV would be a priority.

We are looking to rent in the following areas, Phrom Phong or Thong Lo for a minium of 6 months.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by POAK

Bt5,000 for a studio? None in Phrom Phong and Thong Lor.

Closest with your list of requirements, esp security, will be Suksabai Apartment in Ramkhamhaeng area. No mass transit trains, but next to canal transport.

http://th.pagenation.com/bkk/Suksabai%20Ap...084_13.7535.map

Address : 7 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 15, Ramkhamhaeng Rd., Huamark, Bang Kapi, Bangkok 10240

Telephone : 0-2318-2109,0-2318-9859,0-2318-2287,0-2318-2428,0-2318-8746-55

Fax : 0-2318-9860

You can check MSI Tower at Sukhumvit 36. Monthly rent is 5,500 baht per month plus tv/fridge rental. Its not a bad place for the price although the rooms are smallish (<25 sq meters) and most of the balconies face each other. There is cable tv, it is secured and its conveniently located closeby to the BTS Thonglo. Their number is 02-260-4585.

There are also a couple other rentals close to the BTS station at Thonglo. The one closer to Sukhumvit 40 is called SK Mansion. They have nice rooms, also small and rent for 7500 baht and up.

There is also an apartment on the opposite side of the street, closer to the BTS station which has a sign for a ladies only apartment. I don't know the details but might be worth checking out.

I don't know the specific location, but there are apartments deeper in the soi on Sukhumvit 22, which cost below 5000 baht.

Check mrroomfinder, which has a website by the same name, for other possibilities. At your price range, you will be hard pressed to find rentals in this area, but its worth a try.

You can check MSI Tower at Sukhumvit 36. Monthly rent is 5,500 baht per month plus tv/fridge rental. Its not a bad place for the price although the rooms are smallish (<25 sq meters) and most of the balconies face each other. There is cable tv, it is secured and its conveniently located closeby to the BTS Thonglo. Their number is 02-260-4585.

There are also a couple other rentals close to the BTS station at Thonglo. The one closer to Sukhumvit 40 is called SK Mansion. They have nice rooms, also small and rent for 7500 baht and up.

There is also an apartment on the opposite side of the street, closer to the BTS station which has a sign for a ladies only apartment. I don't know the details but might be worth checking out.

I don't know the specific location, but there are apartments deeper in the soi on Sukhumvit 22, which cost below 5000 baht.

Check mrroomfinder, which has a website by the same name, for other possibilities. At your price range, you will be hard pressed to find rentals in this area, but its worth a try.

Be careful. I do not think such apartments where most tenants are locals working in the night trade secure for a lone foreign girl. Especially those at the end of Sukhumvit 22. 'Else, you can include a string of them along New Petcheburi, from Makasan to Klong Ton.

If you're willing to go a bit further out to Phra Khanong station, there are quite a few Thai-style apartment buildings out there. As safe as any Thai neighbourhood in Bangkok, (personally, I think the farang ones are a bit more dangerous, at least for corrupt police in the areas you mentioned), it might be an option. I had a girlfriend that stayed here, but I don't remember the name of the apartment. Any apartment building will rent the things you mentioned in addition to the room.

Edited by Meridian007

Be careful. I do not think such apartments where most tenants are locals working in the night trade secure for a lone foreign girl. Especially those at the end of Sukhumvit 22. 'Else, you can include a string of them along New Petcheburi, from Makasan to Klong Ton.

Had the impression the OP's girlfriend was thai. Also never saw Sukhumvit 22 as a dangerous or area, even deeper in the soi. Although I have never lived there, I have friends who are regular massage girls who live in there. The condominium the Augustin, a new serviced apartment called the Light House and an international school are located there. However, you never know!!! If she's thai, she can easily find out.