Repairing Veneer & Solid Wood Desk...

MaiDong

I got a desk a few years back, it's made up of solid wood legs but the top is a veneer I think, over time the surface has suffered from cup rings(see pic below), leaking terracotta plant pots & laptop rubber markings, I have thought about buying a whole new slab of nice and dark/oak-like real wood to cover the marked veneer, then I wouldn't have any problems with putting coffee cups or cold drinks glasses with condensation, has anybody tried this in the past? What would the cost be for a nicely finished medium coloured wood slab? My desk is 2m x 1m

Thanks in advance for any advice

MaiDong

p.s. I asked in another thread about a topic someone posted with names of the different types of wood available in Thailand with pictures, can anybody point me to that topic?

post-78826-1259860305_thumb.jpg

post-78826-1259860324_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaiDong

Making individual writing desks is our daily bread.

We can produce a solid teak wood or rose wood desk board with the required dimensions (2m x 1m), thickness whatever you wish. The wood is from more than 50 years old houses, so no later distortion at all.

Waterprooveness is up to surface sealing, I recommend "Woodtect Deck Stain, e.g. Matt Burmese Teak or Matt Clear" - looks perfect.

Send me a PM with your specs for a quote.

• 2 weeks later...