Looking For Nice Thai Restaurant In Bangkok With View On Chao Praya River

freddy7

Right across the river from Thaksin Saphan BTS and up to the right is Yok Yor Marina

http://yokyor.co.th/main.html

Very cheap dinner cruise for Thai people. Order food and eat on top deck of the boat (open air) which cruises up and down the Chao Praya River for 2 hours with excellent sights to see

The big open air deck boat charges 100 to 150 thb per person, then what ever Thai food you order from the menu which is extensive

I have been on this 100 times and never been disappointed

With the weather nice like this it will be perfect

Need to show up before 7:00 PM and boat departs at 8:00 PM and returns at 10:00 PM

Your family will love it and it very affordable as the food is priced for Thai people and not farangs.

As far as I've been able to discover, there is no better ground-level view of the Chao Phraya than the one at Supatra River House. The food is very good as well. It's more expensive than YokYor but for there is much added value in terms of view, decor and atmosphere

Address:

266 Soi Wat Rakhang, Arunamarin Road , Bangkok

free shuttle boats from Tha Wat Mahathat pier

Both excellent suggestions. I for one love the cruise as it is non touristy and the food is ordered before you take off from the restaurant and brought on board like one of other posters mentioned, I also have never been disappointed! Suptra River House is very nice, but smaller portions of food but of course an excellent meal. Across from the Suptra River House is "The Deck" at Arun Residence...absolutely stunning views over Wat Arun and a great little bar on the 3rd level. Google it and you can find information about it.

Also next to The Millennium Hilton Hotel is a restaurant called "Be My Guest", good simple Thai food and sea food with good view and live music every evening. Most of the crowd is the after work Thai office crowd. You can take the Millennium Hilton boat from Saphan Taksin and walk 10 meters from the pier when you arrive.

Enjoy!

As far as I've been able to discover, there is no better ground-level view of the Chao Phraya than the one at Supatra River House. The food is very good as well. It's more expensive than YokYor but for there is much added value in terms of view, decor and atmosphere

Address:

266 Soi Wat Rakhang, Arunamarin Road , Bangkok

free shuttle boats from Tha Wat Mahathat pier

Thanks but your link doesn't work. Do u have a phone number or email to book ? Thanks :)

Thanks to everybody :)

An awesome restaurant i've eaten is Zoom4Zoom5 at Wang Lang (Siriraj) Pier (at the Thonburi side in Bangkok Noi, right opposite the Grand Palace). Especially when it's dark, it has a magnificent view over the Chao Phraya river with the Grand Palace, Wat Arun and some other temples magnificently lit. It's a budget restaurant with the menus are around 50 baht each :D Totally worth it. And it's close to Supatra River House, it's a 7 minute walk (but obviously Supatra is a lot more expensive and luxury).

Edited by Athlon