Urgent Flight Needed Bkk - Manchester Uk

Lancashirelad

Hi guys

a good friend who has been in LOS 20 years has today had some very bad news indeed from the hospital here & must return to the UK ASAP.

Ideally looking to travel Sunday 6 or Monday 7.

Anybody know of anything at sensible prices for a 1 way ticket?

I have added my Thai mobile number to my interests at my profile.

Any useful info. much appreciated.

Thank you.

If your friend wants to get back to the Uk ASAP.

I think you would be best Going to a Travel Agent.

Try one or two see what they can do for you,

My personal dealings with the travel agents in Chang Mai have been very good.

Better deals than dealing direct with the Airline itself.

If your friend wants out Quick I think it's your best bet

You will find one way back to the UK expensive, also you are stating a date, If you go to the United Emirates office In Bangkok they will get you a booking , Also if You are a little flexible better still ,My lady got one but it was on a Friday and a bit cheaper, but it was at night with a four hour stop over in Dubai.The office is on Asok road Bangkok not far from the sky train , it cost 35,000baht one way.back in September

You should be able to find and book something quickly through Expedia.co.uk

I had the same need to return to the UK urgently on Sunday 29th. I received a telephone call at 11a.m. to tell me about the death of my father. By 3pm in the afternoon I had bought a ticket, packed a bag, and was in a car travelling from Issan to Bangkok airport. My flight left early on Monday morning. It was also to Manchester via Dubai. I was back home in the UK by lunchtime on the Monday. The flight cost me £550.

I bought a single home, and have bought another single for my return to Thailand later this month. The single back to Thailand is cheaper at £445. Would have bought a return but was not sure how long I would need to be in the UK.

Thanks very much for all your replies. Arrivals to LHR were completely out of the question. As KennKate suggested several local travel agents were consulted.

He leaves Sunday 6 evening with Etihad one way at 22,900. Good flight times & short connection.

Should be in hospital by Monday lunch time.

Thank you also for suggestions of websites that will work to book flights originating in LOS.

Thanks very much for all your replies. Arrivals to LHR were completely out of the question. As KennKate suggested several local travel agents were consulted.

He leaves Sunday 6 evening with Etihad one way at 22,900. Good flight times & short connection.

Thank you also for suggestions of websites that will work to book flights originating in LOS.

Hope all go's well, but if he's been in Thailand 20 years he could have a problem with the NHS

• 4 weeks later...

Hope all go's well, but if he's been in Thailand 20 years he could have a problem with the NHS

That is an interesting point

If he doesn't tell them, how would they know, so long as he has an address in the UK to give them when he turns up there?

Or would he have the problem at the doctor referral stage - as he may not have a local doctor?

Any long-stayers recently used the NHS who may be able to answer?