Flights From C.mai To Other Countries

brahmburgers

Thanks, that's helpful.

When one does a search online, one gets all sorts of flashy responses, some of which are outdated, and it's not easy to wade through all the marketing pizzazz and discern what's real.

I did the trip to Mandalay from Chiang Mai, about 8 years ago. It was a triangle trip, with the 2nd leg being Mandalay to Yangon, and the 3rd leg returning to Chiang Mai. I had trouble with the connecting flight to Yangon (2nd leg) but that's beside the point.

Is that flight from C.Mai to Mandalay still happening?

Also, I've done the flight to Vientiane from C.Mai several times, and each time it stops in Luang Prabang, but the airlline won't allow the Vientiane passenger to stay over in LP, and then catch a flight later to Vientiane. Frustrating! Why can't the airline have a bit of flexibility?

Edited by brahmburgers

Deleted my post mentioning Phuket...obviously not a different country.

Phuket is not a different country but it may be relevant as many flights to Australia fly CNX Phuket- PER etc with minimal stop..

Edited by harrry

Thanks, that's helpful.

When one does a search online, one gets all sorts of flashy responses, some of which are outdated, and it's not easy to wade through all the marketing pizzazz and discern what's real.

I did the trip to Mandalay from Chiang Mai, about 8 years ago. It was a triangle trip, with the 2nd leg being Mandalay to Yangon, and the 3rd leg returning to Chiang Mai. I had trouble with the connecting flight to Yangon (2nd leg) but that's beside the point.

Is that flight from C.Mai to Mandalay still happening?

Also, I've done the flight to Vientiane from C.Mai several times, and each time it stops in Luang Prabang, but the airlline won't allow the Vientiane passenger to stay over in LP, and then catch a flight later to Vientiane. Frustrating! Why can't the airline have a bit of flexibility?

You're right the CNX-Mandalay flight is no more. Add that to Hong Kong and Jinghong as places you used to be able to fly to from here. Chiang Mai's international departures are down to 5 destinations and less than 30 flights a week. We all remember the talk of making CNX a hub for Asia!

As to airlines allowing layovers, it's pretty common for them to prohibit that on their cheapest flights. I would fly China Air to the US if they would allow me to spend a few days in Taipei, but on their cheapest fare, you must take the next flight out. Other airlines have the same rules. It doesn't cost an airline anything extra if you spend 3 days instead of 3 hours while changing planes, but it's very common to charge you for that privilege.