Is There A Used Applaince Market/store In Bangkok?

garvin123g

There are two 2nd hand shops that I know of on Sukhumvit. The first is at Sukhumvit 49, about 200 yards from the beginning of the soi, on the left side of the street. They sell things including used computers, furniture, refrigerators and the like. The second one that I passed by, but have not yet checked out is located by the Thonglo BTS station, at SK Mansion apartments, which are located about 1 block away from Sukhumvit 40. They have a second hand shop there as well.

There is a second hand "talaat" or thai marketplace, located close to Chinatown where you can find all sorts of appliances for sale including refrigerators, tvs and other appliances. However, unless you know how to fix things, I wouldn't recommended buying anything from there. I've had a couple of bad experiences buying there. I was forewarned by several thai friends, that many disreputable people sell items there. I found that to be true. There is also a thai website, however, you need to be able to read the ad and speak thai to the person advertising. Pawn shops also sell 2nd hand items.

If you decide to check it out, best of luck. Otherwise, stick to craiglist, thai visa classified and the website at bahtsold to get what you need. Westerners have different standards and ethics about buying and selling 2nd hand things. If you ask most thais, they will advise you to buy new stuff.

Edited by mauiguy90