Penang Non-imm O Multi Entry Renewal - Success

Just a quick trip report in case it helps anyone else.

I've been issued with one year non-imm O multi-entries the last two years, and went back to the same agent this year. They requested my marriage cert (I don't qualify for 12 month extenion), birth certificate of my son, house documents and bank book.

I took marriage cert, birth cert, tabien bahn for my wife, house rental agreement in my name, ID card for my wife, Krung Thai bank book which has no real balance and just gets the rent paid in and out every month, and a printout of my UK bank statement. The agents warned I might not get the full year, that it mostly depended on whether the person reviewing the application was having a good day or not, but did say that having non-imm O multi entries for the last two years might help. As it was, everything was fine and the full year was issued.

A nice surprise. If you want to know which agents I use, you'll have to PM me as I don't believe I can put their name in forum.

Mark...

Thank you for your report. I have added it to the list “Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region

--

Maestro

I am going to Penang and would like to use the same agent that did the non imm. O marriage vise. Please can you give me the name of the agent used in the visa application? I am going on my sailboat from Phuket and I want to make sure that it is worth the extra days at sea to reach Penang for a new Non Im O visa. Mine expires in early January. I also need to know if I need money in the Thai bank because I only want to have the normal visa that gives me 3 months maximum stay. I never stay in Thailand more than 3 months without crossing over the border.