Off Road Racing At Mabrachan Lake

timekeeper

Seen it as well, it's bang round my corner, and no, no clue at all!

They just built the track a few days ago, and suddenly today a whole bunch of tents and food stalls popped up :)

Although IMO the track looks more suitable for mountain bikes then for motorized vehicles, seeing how narrow everything is!

They just built the track a few days ago, and suddenly today a whole bunch of tents and food stalls popped up :)

Although IMO the track looks more suitable for mountain bikes then for motorized vehicles, seeing how narrow everything is!

thanks Monty, i will have to go and make some enquiries

it looks exciting stuff!

watch this space.......

ok, my housekeeper was duly despatched to find out and says that its an international event with farangs racing alongside Thais

it was practise day yesterday and elimination racing takes place today (9th) and the big finals day is tomorrow (10th)

its free to watch apparently and she says all the national TV media are there

it should be good and its pretty local to me so i will probably have a look

QUESTION;

why are these things only publicised when they are nearly over or are over and done with?

Yeah, it sure was busy when I drove past just before 8 in the morning.

So what are they racing???

Mountain bikes or Motos?

Bit of everything. For now i only saw some of those baja style buggy's and also a fair few sooped up Suzuki jeeps (them small 1300 cc ones).

Apparently later on (during the weekend) there will also be enduro bike racing...

Will be likely busy tomorrow as it's a public holiday (constitution day).

It was over just as quickly as it started. Organisers yesterday cleaned up and removed rubbish from the actual track side of the road but there are literally thousands of plastic bags along with other assorted rubbish on the other side of the road where all the food stalls were located. This is now all blowing in the breeze and will of course eventually end up in the lake. Who is responsible for this cleanup? I can't believe it can be left like this.