Where To Buy Playstation Slim

saorsa

Not sure if this is right forum, but I want to buy a playstation slim. Are they on sale in thailand now? If so, where is likely to be the cheapest place to buy one with some games in BKK? I noticed on another thread about PS3 that you have to buy a singapore or HK model...is that to get it in english?

cheers

Edited by saorsa

For your information...

The newly refurbished Sony shop in the Emporium shopping mall just re-opened with the new PS3 on sale for approx 16.000 baht (I think it's still cheaper in Singapore) or 17,000 and some change for PS3 with an extra controller and a game . They couldn't even tell me what region it was for but at least the choice is finally here to buy a copy with a Sony guarantee (if you need it).

After looking at their website it also looks like now there is a Thai section in the playstation store. Things are finally moving...oh the joys of living here!

For your information...

The newly refurbished Sony shop in the Emporium shopping mall just re-opened with the new PS3 on sale for approx 16.000 baht (I think it's still cheaper in Singapore) or 17,000 and some change for PS3 with an extra controller and a game . They couldn't even tell me what region it was for but at least the choice is finally here to buy a copy with a Sony guarantee (if you need it).

After looking at their website it also looks like now there is a Thai section in the playstation store. Things are finally moving...oh the joys of living here!

Hmm, maybe I am better to buy it in Schipol when I pass through tomorrow. Thanks for the info on prices.

Try these guys...they are quite a bit cheaper and I believe are on Silom:

http://www.nadzproject.com/product_55303.165175_th

For your information...

Hmm, maybe I am better to buy it in Schipol when I pass through tomorrow. Thanks for the info on prices.

price of ps3 slim is 13000 baht maximum, region is not important as the games are all region free, the firmware are coming in more than 10 languages and most important, counterfeit units do not exist.

it's not technically possible to counterfeit a ps3 exept for the case but when you turn the device on, you already know what you have.

Careful when you buy though. Some that are selling PS3 below 16000 are selling the imported PS3 which is not covered by the Sony official warranty in Thailand. But if you don't care, like me, then go for the NADZproject.com. Their physical store is located on the 5th floor of Digital Gateway the new computer building that's connected to the BTS.

• 1 year later...

So interested to frie up this thread again and see if there are any new comments - I was thinking of buying a PS3 tomorrow - I saw a few at central pattaya (seem to be diff versions of the box you can buy - which is tough for me cause i am a pure newb at his) - and I saw today they are about 15-16k

Is that right? I see this thread 2 years old talking the same prices, they have not dropped??

Thx

Careful when you buy though. Some that are selling PS3 below 16000 are selling the imported PS3 which is not covered by the Sony official warranty in Thailand. But if you don't care, like me, then go for the NADZproject.com. Their physical store is located on the 5th floor of Digital Gateway the new computer building that's connected to the BTS.

I got a 250GB PS3 in MBK in Bangkok with an extra official controller about a year ago for 13k Baht. The PS3 was 11.5k and the controller was 1.5k. I got the NTSC version.

They've dropped to about £200 in UK now for the 160GB PAL version.

Unless the one you saw in Pattaya came with a lot of games or the external drive with all of the pirated games, I have no idea why it would be so expensive.

Edited by UKMatt

seem to be diff versions of the box you can buy - which is tough for me cause i am a pure newb at his

It doesn't really matter which region/box you get as nearly all PS3 games are region free and you can set the language on any system to be English. The only difference I found with this NTSC Playstation compared to my PAL one in UK is that the controller buttons are the right way around, i,e, on NTSC they use "X" for CANCEL/GO BACK and "O" for OK/CONFIRM. Makes sense as this was the way it was originally designed and they represent the commands, I don't know why UK mixes them up. If using a PAL game sometimes they revert to the UK method. (BTW Triangle is for TOP MENU, and SQUARE is for Menu/Page in case you were wondering about the symbols. :) ).

The region can matter when you buy games to play online. You will need to buy the correct region sometimes and/or register a PSN account in the correct region to fully play some games.

Yeah, and I think you have to be in the right region to use DLC, but I use UK games on my UK PSN with an NTSC PS3 and all DLC seems to be fine. I don't do online multiplayer much so can't confirm about that, but I'm sure I've had it working a few times before.