Be On The Lookout For Bikes Theives!

davethailand

Keep your eyes out for bikes thieves, 2 guys in a black truck attempted to steal my Airblade today at about 1pm, I left my house shortly before in my truck and as I reversed out I got out and closed my gates on the soi but didn't lock them, as I got back in the truck i noticed a black truck (Isuzu I think) with blacked out windows, it looked innocent enough but I still waited for it to drive off.

About 10 mins later a guy from the truck walked into my soi and opened the gates to where the bikes and my wifes car is and unlocked the Airblade and started it up, My wife heard it and came out seeing the guy about to drive off, she grabbed his shirt and he got off the bike and panicked, he ran away and jumped in the truck and they sped off.

My wife called a Thai friend and within minutes a plain clothes policeman was at the house after hearing it on the radio. She caught the trucks plate and passed it on to police.

Cost me 1300bht for a new ignition.

So be aware that a smart looking black truck is driving round villages looking for bikes.

:)

Edited by davethailand

Wow, Thanks for the warning.

Since I was robbed of my Gold Jewellery and other items (inside my house) a few years back, my Partner has strict instructions to always lock the gate when he leaves for work in the Morning, even when I am home.

On one occasion, the gate was not locked, a Thai lady appeared stood in the middle of my living room, she pretended she had gone to the wrong house, she was quickly frog-marched out into the Soi, and told to never come again.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I'd better explain the gate bit.

My house is the only one on the soi which is about 40m long, there is a house next to me and a house opposite but their entrances are in the main soi.

My house has a (in total) 8/9ft gate and walls all the way around which are of course locked when we go out but the bikes and cars etc are outside in the small soi, because as said we are the only ones in the soi I put another gate up at the end of my plot so we can lock all the bikes etc in although they are still on the street.

I didn't lock it yesterday as it was early afternoon, at night etc its locked and of course from now on it will be locked in the day time also.

The bikes are now actually on the drive behind the main house gate so all is good.

:)